Finch's Double D's

Finch

So today.. This happened.

I have a huge update coming on the MB2 but now my daily is sort of dead cry.gif1

Had a young lad in a polo in front, he braked hard after getting cut up and I slid in the rain into his rear end! Bashbar, lights, bonnet and bumper are now bent any which way.

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-30 at 08.59.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-30 at 08.59.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-30 at 08.59.28.jpeg

Fantastic reading here @Finch I'm pretty excited to see the outcome of both of your projects (more so the turbo build :D)

shame on the crash... has it gone through insurance or were you able to keep it between yourselves?? 

Doesnt look like like too much to repair, though after reading your thread, seems money is no object for you haha!! :lol:

• Like 1

So heres a couple of sneak-peek pictures I'll show you for now ;) 

Bashbar.PNG.f072ca9616f4d06e675d1809c051042c.PNG

Definitely not going any where, 1.75" pipe with a 4mm wall and a 17mm plate :D The mount pipes have and inner/outer pipe with a 1/2" gap and a stainless bolt down wards so in the unfortunate event of an impact it brakes the bolt and simply takes the impact giving me 10mm gap for inertia to drop off

strutbar.jpg.7840a3d373ab7deb9d0eebfa812a7b25.jpg

Threw on the Skunk2 Upper strut bar.. Sold my Password:JDM/Tegiwa 3Pt type in favour of this as its easier to take off if I want to work on it. Also photographed... Fake Mugen oil cap and the D16Z6 Port matched intake manifold.

I've also got an AEM fuel rail, AN6 Lines, Vacuum junction and a SARD Fuel Pressure Reg to go on ASAP - Then the bloody thing can move 

Did however discover the Skunk2 Rear strutbar does not fit... And can't be bent :( 

58e2506d480eb_WhatsAppImage2017-04-02at13_47_42.jpeg.2105a680a68710ac845ef6c038f70b6d.jpeg

• Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 7:27 PM, snakey135 said:

Fantastic reading here @Finch I'm pretty excited to see the outcome of both of your projects (more so the turbo build :D)

shame on the crash... has it gone through insurance or were you able to keep it between yourselves?? 

Doesnt look like like too much to repair, though after reading your thread, seems money is no object for you haha!! :lol:

I'm nearly done part collecting for the Turbo build however since the crash I've decided I have a very-very special Idea for the Deck once I move house B)

The crash originally was going to be just between us however the third parties dad (chap was young.. maybe 19-20?) got involved and suddenly "quotes" coming from what seems thin air. He quoted me £703+VAT to get it sprayed. At this point I told him to go insurance and he was very very hesitant called me 3-4 times during a meeting so I basically realised at this point he is trying to pull a fast one!

Money is definitely a thing I think about its just I like quality bits and most of the time I take a bit of time gathering stuff together before I fit them so I can do a full job on all the bits and pieces at once- And I have a very understanding Missus! rlol.gif1

Edited by Finch

11 hours ago, dr_broon said:

That's a shame about that rear strut brace... Is there not any flex with the fastenings on the bar loosened? 

No if you take the bolts out to slack it off its about 10-15* out on each side, it would need drilling out at an angle. If it doesn't sell on one of the many faceballs pages I'll drill it out or get a piece made to adapt it but I'd rather just sell it and pick up an MGZS one to save the hassle 

• Like 1