My Silver MB2 Thread

AJCivic

13 hours ago, Craig aerodeck said:

looks nice. i just got my hands on a low miles mb2 aswell lol 

Nice one pal! Make sure you keep us updated on it aha :) 

2 hours ago, Dave said:

20140817_115650_zps8u9cjwmr.jpg

There ya go mate, shows the brackets and fender bolts etc

Cheers Dave! Looking great by the way! Been eyeing those up but didn't think they'd fit the MB's because the radiator sits quite flush. Good to see that they do however, I'll definitely get on it. Saves buying some paint to redo the original. Replacing bolts could be on the list as well, get it all matching slightly more! 

Got a cheapo universal rubber bumper lip coming in the post to try on the back bumper in the next few days, not sure how well it will work but I've given up trying to find a VTi-S rear lip and just wanted something there. Will probably keep it black to avoid messing around so hoping it will be subtle instead of sticking out against the silver. Not sure what to do with the exhaust area, would the heat from the exhaust tip affect rubber that much? 

Might just be be me being thick also, but can anybody tell me the size of the original steel wheels? 14" right? And the size of the MB2/3/4 OEM alloys, are they 14 or 15? Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 2:05 PM, AJCivic said:

Just been planning a load of engine bay dress up stuff as well. Going to go for mainly red I think. Got some blue Spoon socks coming (cheap & cheerful to decide if I like & can't find many red ones) Oil/radiator caps, battery clamp, heat proof paint for the rocker cover writing etc. Eventually I'll take the rocker cover off as well as the exhaust heat shield and give them both a respray. 

My radiator clamp/bracket is badly rusted/flaking though, anybody know where you can get a replacement for the MB's? They look different to most other Civic's but could be wrong?

i've just used normal paint for my rocker.

also s2000 EK civic rad stay will fit mate.

here's my bay

IMG_3327.JPG.eec839f2daac50f89167ec1d3b4896cd.JPG

12 minutes ago, Dave said:

Originals were 14' steels, alloys were 14's as standard although 15's were available as an option.

Cheers, what did the 15's look like? I see the same alloys on the mb2 sports, mb3's etc, were the 15" a different style?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, powerofdreams said:

Nice mate. Look for to seeing how this progresses. U should have a look at @ammarbm old mb2 tread. Was silver too and looked amazing 

Totally agree! Really loved the look of Ammars mb!

Have a look at the brochure in our downloads section mate, shows you some of the alloys on the accessories pages 8-)

• Like 2

There's actually alot of really nice mb2 on here mate. 2 to mention would b trinity d which is a very extreme mb2( if u can even class it as that anymore. Have a look you'll c what I mean.) And mikefotos mb2 which again is amazing. 

11 hours ago, powerofdreams said:

There's actually alot of really nice mb2 on here mate. 2 to mention would b trinity d which is a very extreme mb2( if u can even class it as that anymore. Have a look you'll c what I mean.) And mikefotos mb2 which again is amazing. 

Yes! Two very different and very cool civic m's!