Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Dave

11 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

House sounds perfect. What area is that? Beautiful

Its the Scottish borders Jake, so south from where we are now. The village we're moving to is approx 7 miles away from Galashiels, which is kinda like the Edinburgh of the borders. The borders is a huge area though and stretches from the east coast from the A1 across the A68, A7 then to the A702. All featuring loads of wee back roads just like that one! 

• 1 month later...

Not done a lot to Mindy lately, what with DD getting her suspension doe and winter wheels sorted. Decided that seeing as I'm stuck in the house cos of this bloody covid-19, though I might as well do some 'internet shopping! Soooooo, bought a wee part for the interior that I wanted to finish off the center console chrome.

IL motorsport chrome hazard light/headlight pop up switch surround.

20200401_184542.jpg

Have to say, for a part from such a reputable company the fit was absolutely piss poor! There is s curvature to the switch panel that this piece simply did not have. No way the sticky pad that's on it would even try to hold the part in place, so I had to glue it and press really hard for ages to get the part to stay put! Got there in the end though and pleased how it now looks

20200401_190138.jpg20200401_190114.jpg20200401_190009.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Simon, just my ocd....hated the bit of plain black plastic showing around them when the vents and all that are chrome lol :-D Fired her up today as I'd forgot to disconnect the battery, so was worried in case it had run flat. Been sitting there since Feb....turned the key...vrooom! Bloody love this wee car!! Just wish we could get her out in the sunshine, hate this lock down shit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Change of mind! Sitting looking at mk1 mx5s on the internet, and looking at what I could do next with Mindy during lock down. Seeing pics of the centre console without the wood and just the chrome vent surrounds got me thinking.....I didn't like that fake wood kit I fitted any more! Said to Gayle who thankfully admitted she didn't like it from the start and thought it looked tacky!  Must admit, been thinking the same! So went out today and all the wood trim kit is off. Cleaned up the dash and think with just the chrome vent rings (and wee bit round the hazard switch) the dash looks a lot nicer. What you think?

20200427_131543.jpg

20200427_131431.jpg

Wee cheeky shot, looking all inviting in the sun! Decided that as I had to drive to work today to pick up another monitor to use on laptop at home, it would be rude not to take Mindy for a blast!

20200427_131624.jpg

And one with my two girls together

20200427_131410.jpg

What difference getting out for a wee drive (first proper drive for over a month) makes you feel so much better!

Oh, and also fot a Jazz Performance stainless steel cup holde coming for Mindy that replaces the useless ashtray in the centre console. Should look good methinks!

jazz cup holder.jpg

• Like 1

Got the Jass Performance S/S cup holder fitted, and also bought the Jass Performance gear surround. Love the fit of these, really great products from Jass. Got them all from Andrew at Autolink, quick delivery and superb service as always. Also got the new rubber gaiter/bush replacement kit coming for the top of the gearbox where the gear stick bolts on. Loving the look she now has!

20200502_142816.jpg

20200502_142709.jpg

20200502_142614.jpg

So, we decided to go for our weekly shop today and thought as the sun was out, and we both needed cheering up after losing my Mum on Saturday 2nd May, and still being in this lock down, we'd take Mindy. Gayle knew that we needed cheering up and a distraction, so queue Mindy. Not broke any rules, got our shopping and made us both feel a lot better (plus we got fresh air and vitamin D aplenty!). Proof that a weekly shop (including 4 bottles of wine!) does indeed fit in the boot of an MX5! 

20200504_151955.jpg

Oh, and also got a wave from another MG, this time an old MG Midget. Was a wave from an MGBGT last time out! lol Seems our wee Mk1’s are deffo being recognised by the owners of older classic cars as proper classics now, which is nice.

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic