Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Dave

• 2 months later...

Decided that after work today, seeing as it was a lovely sunny afternoon, I'd get Mindy out of the car port and out of her sleeping bag! Been meaning to give her wheels a good cut and polish as they'd become very crappy looking, with brake dust and yellowness. Forgot to get a before pic, but here are the results on the two driver side wheels.

Oh, and Mindy couldn't wait to try her new garage even though it aint built yet!! But she thought she would try the base for her new crib! :-D

Mindy on garage base - looking into drive1.jpg

Shiney shiney wheels!!

Mindy on garage base - drivers side rear wheel shiney shiney2.jpg

Mindy on garage base - drivers side rear 2.jpg

Mindy on garage base - drivers side front 2.jpg

Mindy on garage base - pass side front 2.jpg

Mindy on garage base - pass side2.jpg

Looking forward to getting the garage built so I can get stuck into her and get her bodywork all done. Still needs a goos wash and clay/mop/polish after being in her sleeping bag but suppose she looks not too bad as is. 

• Like 1

Thanks mate! yeah, took a lot of effort with G3 paint cutting compound followed by G3 polish then autoglym extra gloss. should keep them nice for a while longer!

Just noticed you can just see DD in the background of one of the pics parked next to "Effy", Gayles Nissan Juke  :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So was my birthday yesterday (Yay! Happy birthday to me! lol) seeya.gif1 So, got some lovely pressies! And Gayle's pressies were things I'd been wanting for absolute ages!! Soooo, without further adoo, Mindy's new additions! (hang on, thought it was my birthday, no Mindy's!)

1st up, Gayle got me a mx5 shelf bag. This fastens to the studs that normally take the tonnaeu cover. Didn't even know they made these for them! Awesome bit of kit and gives a nice bit of extra storage.

MX5_shelf_bag_2021b.jpg

MX5_shelf_bag2_2021b.jpg

Next up, OEM windbreaker with built in pocket (again, every bit of extra storage is a bonus!)

MX5_windbreak2b.jpg

MX5_windbreakb.jpg

Mega happy with these, the wind break makes a huge difference at 60mph and above, and the bag will be excellent for any trips away we do in Mindy

Cheers mate! yes, had a wee drive out last night to see how effective the wind breaker is and have to say, much improved! well chuffed with the new bits!

• Like 1

Few photos from our wee run in the borders to St Marys Loch and Megget water. Saw 3 other MX5's on our travels (2 mk4's and a mk2) and also stopped on the narrow bit of single track road to allow a 4x4 to come through, only for it to stop alongside us, the woman driving it rolling down here window and with a huge smile saying excitedly "I used to have one of those!!" :-D

Mindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_4.jpg

Mindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_7.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_12.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_14.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_22.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_23.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_26.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_30.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_32.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_34.jpgMindy_mx5_st_Marys_loch_38.jpg

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic