Jump to content

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Lovely car and a credit to the effort and money put in. As you said, defo a keeper after all this! I laughed when you nailed it on motorway, we ALL do the same to test the water! I done the same and lifted at about 170. (clock showes 160). Wasnt prepared for the consequences if things went wrong. Instantly slowed! Good buzz tho. You can safely do that on the track with that beast!

Cheers mate. Haha has to be done now and doesn't it. Get it out the system. But yes will save it for the track now. Blyton park is coming up in August. Good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burbleboy said:

Lovely car and a credit to the effort and money put in. As you said, defo a keeper after all this! I laughed when you nailed it on motorway, we ALL do the same to test the water! I done the same and lifted at about 170. (clock showes 160). Wasnt prepared for the consequences if things went wrong. Instantly slowed! Good buzz tho. You can safely do that on the track with that beast!

Just realised your numbers.. this the beemer?  170 jeez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Just realised your numbers.. this the beemer?  170 jeez

Yeah man, probably not much more to give. Went there quick tho! But not as fast as yours ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

Yeah man, probably not much more to give. Went there quick tho! But not as fast as yours ;)

That's some good going mate. Which model have you got and any tuning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

That's some good going mate. Which model have you got and any tuning?

335d E90 model. Custom map and a little exhaust work. 350bhp and 520nm. Effortless but lacks drama, like say a turbo'd civic :) i like drama!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

335d E90 model. Custom map and a little exhaust work. 350bhp and 520nm. Effortless but lacks drama, like say a turbo'd civic :) i like drama!

I'd imagine that's fly's along quite nicely tbh!! With bags of low down grunt too!!

Yes turbo civic is definitely dramatic. Especially with a big turbo. Lures you into thinking there's not much go, then slaps you around the chops when turbo finally spins up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KiNK43 said:

I'd imagine that's fly's along quite nicely tbh!! With bags of low down grunt too!!

Yes turbo civic is definitely dramatic. Especially with a big turbo. Lures you into thinking there's not much go, then slaps you around the chops when turbo finally spins up.

Means you have to think a little when you drive it. Which is a good thing. With mine, its squirt and go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, burbleboy said:

Means you have to think a little when you drive it. Which is a good thing. With mine, its squirt and go!

Big soft spot for beemers. E90 e92 lovely lookers!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Track day prep upgraded the brakes on a budget. Fitted some braided lines, and some HEL hp600 pads. Claim great things but seem to be at a better price point than anything comparable.

Unfortunately found I need a new rear caliper so picking one up tomorrow. Then can flush with ate type200 fluid. 

 

IMG_20200727_192924.jpg

IMG_20200727_204233.jpg

Edited by KiNK43
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleaned up the decks bay aswell. Was really grimey and oily.

Jetwash and a fresh paint job on the cam cover.

IMG_20200727_211417.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accidentally made a purchase. Another engine build is gonna happen at some point in the relatively near future. Sleeve or cylinder support with forged internals again. Run a little more power maybe but More Interested in peace of mind and hopefully a slightly quieter running engine.

Had to change a rear caliper as ya do. Bloody rover calipers!!!

Shame can't get the beast out blocked in for the foreseeable unfortunately have to just peer at it though the door for now :) roll on Blyton park!!! 

 

IMG_20200802_193736.jpg

IMG_20200802_194045.jpg

IMG_20200730_162330.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engine plans sound like a good idea bud. friday.gif1

 

She is well blocked in isn't she. help.gif1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×