Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

28 minutes ago, dmrichards said:

I wanted the keep the fogs in mine but it wasnt possible with the pipe work I had. Be interested to see how this turns out, might have to do the same with mine. 

What intercooler have you got?

It's a generic 550x240x65. Itll be very tight but will fit. Will probably need to move the power steerng cooler.

Wow. And like, wow!!!! She looks factory fresh mate, that shine is amazing. She's turned into a very sweet example of a VTiS. Loving this one!

15 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Properly impressed with how fresh the paintwork looks Jake - like what you're doing. 

Thanks mate It's not a bad shell at all mate but the pictures are better than real life definitely. It's not a new car.

Will end up having a paint job one day but not a priority at all.

While I'm here. Had a few little bits to do on the car. Ended up changing both front brake pistons. Sitting around does not do brakes any good at all does it.

Had a minor issue aswell temp gauge would really drop at high speeds despite having a new stat, so replaced the stat again aswell as the temp sender/sensor in the head. Seems to have sorted it. Needle stays bang in the middle now.

Took it for a trip to castle Combe at the weekend. Fair old trip, didn't skip a beat. Used no oil.

Braught the mileage since build upto 456 so think it's ready for some proper oil and start pushing it now get it upto 8k.

• Like 2

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic