Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

This is the part of car restorations I love! Body prep all done, masking all done......time to spray! I LOVE spray painting! Can I be cheeky and ask how much it's costing you to get the whole side painted mate?

1 hour ago, Dave said:

This is the part of car restorations I love! Body prep all done, masking all done......time to spray! I LOVE spray painting! Can I be cheeky and ask how much it's costing you to get the whole side painted mate?

I've traded the painter work for work. I just paid for the paint.  So not sure what it would cost normally. 

Hopefully going to be doing the same for the other side and the front end soon. 

Looks great but makes the rest look dull  comparison. Hence the decision to carry on.

• Like 2

Can't beat the look of fresh shiney paint mate! I really have to get DD's front end done this year. We should hopefully be moving to our new cottage so once the new garage is built will try and make time to do this as I'd love to do it myself (went to college for this years ago and passed the course, sprayed loads of cars but not done any proper spraying for a long time!)

Really loving this rebuild mate, she already looked amazing but this will take her to way above the next level! Really want to see this in the metal one day!:ohyeees:

Oh, on a side note, JordanH on here lives just along the road from me. He's also got a VTiS aerodeck he's restoring so seeing as we've not seen each other in ages he's coming along tomorrow then we're off down to his unit to see the progress on his aerodeck. Sooo loking forward to it! I'll get him to have a look at this for inspiration mate!

• Like 1

Oh sweet. Has he got a thread going??

You should have a crack at it mate. I really enjoyed doing the engine bay. But i don't think I'm ready for any thing on show properly. Hmmm.. you've got me thinking now. I have a spare spoiler migh thave a go at that see how it comes out.

• Like 1

Yes he has bud, check here >>

I remember first time we me, I was in Ruby I think, and saw the vtis deck! Had my head swiveling 180' degrees! Had the white vtis speedlines same as Ruby! He also clocked Ruby so we turned round and stopped for a blether about all things civic M! lol :-D

• Like 2

Tonight I Put some flash band on the outerdoor skin, filled the doors with waxoyl and replaced the plastic inner bag with flash band aswell. Best thing I did on my eg stopped all the annoying rattles. Music was louder and cleaner.

IMG_20200112_200556.jpg

IMG_20200112_202243.jpg

IMG_20200112_195303.jpg

• Like 2

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic