Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Cars looking proper sweet, bet it's rapid. 

What did you do for positive crankcase ventilation? I can see you have a catch can but can't tell how you've plumbed it in. Did you keep the factory black box on the back of the block? 

3 minutes ago, Vtisgilman said:

Cars looking proper sweet, bet it's rapid. 

What did you do for positive crankcase ventilation? I can see you have a catch can but can't tell how you've plumbed it in. Did you keep the factory black box on the back of the block? 

Yes mate. Just vented the valve cover.

The cars daily driven so figured keeping the vacuum assist for normal driving was wise.

Ah ok that makes sense. I asume the standard pcv system copes ok running that sort of power with presumably more blow by gases being FI. Is it just the pcv valve that stops the block seeing boost pressure when on boost, then off boost it goes back to seeing vacuum? 

Sorry for the questions, I'm planning my build but there seems to be lots of different methods of doing it. 

23 minutes ago, Vtisgilman said:

Ah ok that makes sense. I asume the standard pcv system copes ok running that sort of power with presumably more blow by gases being FI. Is it just the pcv valve that stops the block seeing boost pressure when on boost, then off boost it goes back to seeing vacuum? 

Sorry for the questions, I'm planning my build but there seems to be lots of different methods of doing it. 

Yes mate the PCV valve is a check valve. 

I think it depends what the car is for will help decide how you go about it. 

If the cars a track car at WOT all the time. Remove the black box. And vent to the catch can.

In my case as it spends a lot of time cruising I decided the PCV system back into the intake is probably beneficial. 

But then open vented the valve cover to allow for blow by. 

I have 4 an10 vents on valve cover, unfortunately 2 are unusable due to the design of my manifold.

But should be enough ventilation for my lowish boost level.

I also blocked off the stock vent hole on the back of cover just to tidy things up a bit.

Tinkered a little this week. Put the car back together. Fitted all new pioneer speakers aswell. Replaced the black door trims with fresh ones as mine were faded and didn't seem to want to come back to black.

Ive made the AC the boost control button. Since switch was there unused. So now when press AC goes from around 300 upto 400hp.

More bits arrived to rebuild the suspension. 

Need to find a nice set of coilovers at some point too

IMG_20200119_141827.jpg

IMG_20200118_141018.jpg

• Like 1

Love the idea of a Knight Industries Two Thousand style boost button! ecstatic.gif1

Car will be amazing mate, for many years to come after all the effort put into it! 

You should go on Living Life Fast YouTube or Monky London channel and get it shown off!! angrymod.gif1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want a boost button! Mind you, if i were to press said boost button in DD all id get is a Cadburys sweetie emerging from the dashboard! lol

She is an amazing car mate, loving it!

• Haha 1

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic