Wet front, passenger side seat belt.

SaTaNeAtChEeSe

Just asking if there is a common problem with water dripping onto the front seat belts? Sun roof is clear and not blocked (encase someone was to ask) and it only happens on the passenger side. I was originally thinking that it may have been the roof rails but on inspection there is no water running from the roof. Looking at how wet the belt gets I feel the car should be a few feet deep in water but it is not. The other annoying thing is underneath where the belt is bolted to the bottom of the car it is dry and no water is sitting so it is clearly running out of the car. And the carpet does not get saturated. It get a little wet but not very wet. 

Any advise greatly appreciated. 

Cheers.  

Not going to be much help here, but I am positive that someone has had this problem before. 

Could it be wicking on the seat belt from somewhere rather than dripping on to it? 

12 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Not going to be much help here, but I am positive that someone has had this problem before. 

Could it be wicking on the seat belt from somewhere rather than dripping on to it? 

Worst thing about this is that it looks like it was me... 

Can't remember what the hell this was about, and there's nothing in my project thread about it. 

Must have been abducted by aliens or something. 

I'll try and remember what the hell it was all about - I must have sorted it. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Worst thing about this is that it looks like it was me... 

Can't remember what the hell this was about, and there's nothing in my project thread about it. 

Must have been abducted by aliens or something. 

I'll try and remember what the hell it was all about - I must have sorted it. 

Appar you were drunk? Might explain th amnesia lol

• Haha 2

I had a rear seat belt on the TypeR FN2 that got soaking wet, but seat was bone dry as was rest of the car! Eventually tracked it down to the seal under the plastic roof/gutter rails. had stripped the whole rear of the car out at that point trying to trace it!! Bloody new cars are a mare to take apart! 

Might well be under the plastic roof gutter strips, I had DD's off earlier this year tracing a leak and there was a tiny pin hole (hardly could see it) in the sealant around the bolts for the roof rails. If you can get them off without breaking them thats where I'd look. Could be a small break/hole in the sealer, letting it run down the inside of the B pillar and into belt real (or spool or whatever it's called)?

• Like 1