knight

Right seing as i'm always moaning about the paintwork on my VTi i bought this today and over the weekend i'll be on it! This will be me and cars 1st ever claybar  :eek:  any tip or tricks posts welcome 8-)

IMG_0611_zps807a1802.jpg

I hi every 3k i do a oil change,,,  & plugs when i need to as there irridium so they last longer (+there 40 odd pound a set :shock: ) leads don't need a change as i've got kv85 red magncore's

Every 3k miles?! I bet the engine is like new! I do a full service every 6k which is due to a service soon. Can't wait to see how your car turns out when claybared  :wink:  

Every 3k miles?! I bet the engine is like new! I do a full service every 6k which is due to a service soon. Can't wait to see how your car turns out when claybared  :wink:  

Oil changed every 3k but the hamp shortie only changed on 6k, :wink: I'm on 140k mile now so needs looking after!  :shock:  Looking forward to the claybar session! 8-)

Good luck with the claybarring, you'll be surprised how much it picks up, keep the panel area you're claying nice and wet (I use optimum no rinse as a lube rather than qd), work in small areas, use straight strokes, just wipe don't press, when the bar slides without catching you've done that part.

Not sure exactly how big those bars are but you'll not need much, I use Bilt Hamber clay and only use a quarter each time.

Knead it so it goes nice and soft and keep kneading it as you go and most importantly (IF YOU DROP IT BIN IT)!! Enjoy, it's gonna be seriously hot this weekend and I hope the above helps. :D

• Like 1

Good luck with the claybarring, you'll be surprised how much it picks up, keep the panel area you're claying nice and wet (I use optimum no rinse as a lube rather than qd), work in small areas, use straight strokes, just wipe don't press, when the bar slides without catching you've done that part.

Not sure exactly how big those bars are but you'll not need much, I use Bilt Hamber clay and only use a quarter each time.

Knead it so it goes nice and soft and keep kneading it as you go and most importantly (IF YOU DROP IT BIN IT)!! Enjoy, it's gonna be seriously hot this weekend and I hope the above helps. :D

Thanks for the info mate 8-)  least i know what im doing now  :roll:  the bars are 80grams each,

Half a 80 gram bar???how many time you clayed you VTiS? Mine has never been done in its life :shock: going to be alot of poo coming off me thinks, 14 years worth :shock:

3 times now, I did a lot of research before so I knew I was getting it right, the first time I used a regular bar and since then a soft one which got much more off, I plan on doing it twice a year now, once in spring to get rid of winter grime and once late autumn for summer gunk. :smile:

I bet it'll look mint after your clay session. I haven't bothered any further than red autoglym on my own deck since it's so scratched up and full of small dents. :roll:

Half a 80 gram bar???how many time you clayed you VTiS? Mine has never been done in its life :shock: going to be alot of poo coming off me thinks, 14 years worth :shock:

3 times now, I did a lot of research before so I knew I was getting it right, the first time I used a regular bar and since then a soft one which got much more off, I plan on doing it twice a year now, once in spring to get rid of winter grime and once late autumn for summer gunk. :smile:

Also from the research I did, it's recommended that you only need 1/6th of the BH bar so I'm actually using quite a lot and you'll be amazed how big it gets once you start kneading it.

And don't forget if you find half is not enough you can get a bit more but if you find a whole bar is way too much it's too late. :)