Nick's Civic MB6 VTI-S

NIKH25

I concur with castrol oil.

Used it once and was fine cold but if you switched engine off hot and then back on few mins later, got a real nasty tick . Couple of blips and went quiet again.

Apparently magnatec only just meets the grade to be called semi synth. Its mostly mineral oil

Used it once and was fine cold but if you switched engine off hot and then back on few mins later, got a real nasty tick . Couple of blips and went quiet again.

Apparently magnatec only just meets the grade to be called semi synth. Its mostly mineral oil

Didn't know that! thats what i'm running atm!

More upgrades. :D  :D  I bought the magnecore leads several weeks ago and have been waiting until service time to fit them, also got a Hamp shortie.

IMG_0056_zpsec0d4b93.jpg

So all fitted and a quick ecu reset and she drives so nicely now, smooooth. :D  :D

Can all this same stuff be used to service MB2. I think I am going to start collecting bits soon for my next service which will be around December time I guess :D

Interesting info chap, I thought people were exaggerating when they said about the ticking and gave it a try anyway but it was ticking all the time, hot or cold, lovely and quiet again now and she just loves seeking the redline. :D

Can all this same stuff be used to service MB2. I think I am going to start collecting bits soon for my next service which will be around December time I guess :D

I think the oil is the same grade (10w40) across all B&D series engines so yes you can use that, oil filters are the same for pretty much all petrol engine Hondas, plugs you'll need to make sure you get the right ones for your  engine, not sure if they're different.

Magnecore leads are expensive so if you don't fancy those prices there are cheaper alternatives, I've seen a couple of guys on here get them recently but I can't remember who it was.

Larkspeed have good prices on plugs and leads and I got my oil and filter from Opie on here.

• Like 1

This just makes me want to change my oil asap now! I have seen a lot of bad reviews over the internet about Castrol Magnetic. I saw one where this bloke put Castrol Magnetic in a Toyota Corolla, 1 month later the oil was still like gold! At first I thought that's a good thing because it's a very clean engine. What it really means the oil isn't picking up the dirt / particles from around the engine... 

gr8 job on suspensions  :wink:  I recently dropped mine and totally agree with the difference in ride it so much better  :wink:  yours are adjustable aren't they??

Cheers mate, yes adjustable height and damping, best money I've spent since buying the car. :D

• Like 1