MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Wow, so much has happened since I last had a read through!

That's going to be one mega Deck though! 8-)

On the intake front, Edelbrock do one that will fit the C4 no problems! Even have a choice of two types depending on if you want more mid-range or more top-end power/torque! :D

Wow, so much has happened since I last had a read through!

That's going to be one mega Deck though! 8-)

On the intake front, Edelbrock do one that will fit the C4 no problems! Even have a choice of two types depending on if you want more mid-range or more top-end power/torque! :D

Cheers :)

I've seen the Edelbrock one but didn't know they did different variants depending on top end or mid range, thanks. Once I work out what route to take with the engine then I will start looking at them in more detail but all this is good to know. I think at this stage once the chassis is back and painted I will run it with the stock engine and see what it feels like with all the weight saving and then look at what the engine needs.

Good plan! No point in making her more powerful without knowing the end result to the weight saving etc!

But for reference the two to look at are the Victor X and the Performance X :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay a small update (as I don't have the chassis to work on at the moment :( )

Called in to see the progress of the roll cage, forgive the photos as I knackered my phone so I'm using a prehistoric brick of a unit until the new one arrives

Drivers foot-well before and after:

20121020_132002.jpgIMAG0009.jpg

Second skin removed and smooth floor underneath - this will allow them to push the pedal box further [smitten.gif]

View up into the roof:

20120929_115457.jpgIMAG0007.jpg

Sunroof gone, all support beams gone, cage up into the roof :D

Work in progress, still got to fit the fillet plates to tie the A-pillars back to the cage:

IMAG0006.jpg

Amazing what a wire wheel can do to remove sound deadening [smash.gif]

IMAG0008.jpg

When you're done, so so need to weigh the car, she how much she has lost!

Will do. I want to weigh all the dead brackets worth of metal they've taken out, it was a fair size box!

I love the updates in this thread, keep up the good work :D

Cheers. Hoping it'll all be done ready for next spring so I can start setting it all up for another shot at the Nurburgring. Plastic side windows will be ready next week so I can start fitting them over Xmas. I also put my name down for the heated front screen so should have no issues seeing where I'm going!

its is mental

Hear that a lot, or is that I'm mental :lol: