MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Dude SWEEEEEET build. Glad you enjoy what's best for these deck's!! Think you have just given me the push to do my deck as its in a bit of a state. Already done the ebc discs and pads all round not realy done anything else as living away from my parents is a little straining on the old account. Hoping on a lightweight flywheel and clutch aswell as the dc2 gearbox next for mine, and got access to a ramp as i work for honda anyways so happy days!! Can't stand the crappy ratios of the deck's box. Any news on fitting the manifold?? as alot of these that are advirtised for a b18c4 don't fit!! Usualy too short. Keep up the cracking work!!

Thanks mate. Not fitted the manifold yet, I've been debating on pulling the engine out over the autumn/winter for a complete rebuild so didn't want to fit it and take it off again. It looks good on the length though, but I had to source an exhaust bracket from another honda (prelude I think) to hold around the back of the engine. If I change my mind on fitting it I will post up on the install.

I know what you mean on cash though, I saved for 9 months to get all the bits and did 90% of the work myself on the build. I needed help moding the exhaust to clear the arb and doing the geo, but I would guess most people dont have a 4 post ramp and the gear to do those jobs anyway :lol:

Cool chap, What kind of engine build you thinking?? stock new or upgrade?? Keep updated about the manifold. I was thinking about swapping a dc2 lump into mine but i think we can do so much with the b18c4 lump from parts of the dc2 anyways!! Only thing that disapoints me is the lack of a prompt VTEC noise/kick but then it is only a wagon!! :)

Cool chap, What kind of engine build you thinking?? stock new or upgrade?? Keep updated about the manifold. I was thinking about swapping a dc2 lump into mine but i think we can do so much with the b18c4 lump from parts of the dc2 anyways!! Only thing that disapoints me is the lack of a prompt VTEC noise/kick but then it is only a wagon!! :)

I was going to stick with the B18C4 block but change the pistons and rods (raise compression ratio). Head wise I'm not sure yet, B18C6 with a decent intake, uprated injectors and rail? Need a better fuel pump, and sort an ECU + remap to get the most from it. My ideal build would include a supercharger but monies won't stretch to that anytime soon :(

DC2 lumps are going for £1200+ when I looked, and I would imagine my build would be getting close to that but I would have the satisfaction knowing I built it and it was 110% inside before turning the key.

My engine is really good for an old car - noticeable IAB open and VTEC switch over - so much so it actually catches surprises people when they come out in the car!

defo jealous of you going to the ring, did you manage to suprise any other cars with the deck?

Only after 5-6 laps once I got a little better with the lines & braking points. One M3 driver certainly had a shock :lol:

• 4 weeks later...