MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

vosa tell's us on the mot check list when we redgester a vehicle for test, stantanered or an option, and what the sequence the warning light take's to show there is no fault........or it stay's on if there is a fault....

Okay I understand, so they have a list of what should be on the car and will be looking for the warning lights. I am planning on removing the entire system, wiring, sensors, pump, ecu etc. etc. so the warning light won't be on and the ABS ECU will be gone. Unless they can plug the car into a diagnostics system and interigate my ECU they won't know it's been removed without a search of the car so it's a risk I am willing to take. The main dealer that does my MOT's knows the car inside out and what I am doing to it - ultimate goal it track day car with very VERY occasional road use ;) .

Everything I have done so far is to improve upon the safety of the car, no engine mods what so ever, just brakes and suspension. Fully triangulated front to rear turret roll cage is going in in November, harnesses and race seats soon after. I am also planning bigger brakes as even with better pads & discs it was the one thing that let the car down on the Nurburgring last year. Once I am satisfied she is 110% I will start on the engine/exhaust.

well these brackets will fit bottom mounting seats and are just bolt in and go

im open to offers around 70 euros and delivery is 35

Cool thanks, but I was planning on fixed seats as I will be the only driver. Pole Position is FIA approved so I will be looking at the matching mounts :geek:

• 2 weeks later...

More of the strip out continues.....

20120818_165118.jpg

Started to take the dashboard and wiring out so I have been marking up EVERYTHING, oh and finally got round to fitting the DC2 Momo wheel I've had for the last year ;)

20120818_171603.jpg

Main dash cover off, only about 5 bolts holding it is, but the heater control cable were a git :x

20120818_171648.jpg

20120818_171658.jpg

20120826_111628.jpg

Fan unit and AC all out

20120826_135312.jpg

A lot of this is not going back in

20120826_135339.jpg

Carpets and rear heater pducts gone

Next stage is to remove all the wiring from the cabin once I have marked up the remaining plugs. Big job, but it will save so much pain when I start putting her back together later on this year 8-)

:shock: hope you weigh it all :lol:

:mrgreen:

Good idea - I will do when it's all finished. AC compressor and airbags weighed the most so far! I'm willing to bet the sunroof and all the seats will be the heaviest items though ;)