**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

well worth a go mate. if cheap.

basically your loosing the mechanical advantage with short shifter. they tend to actually be shorter on top so less leverage there.

and they are longer underneath thats connected to the linkage. so requires less distance to select gear but more effort if you understand me?

im not so good at explaining. think of this..

http://www.dynamicscience.com.au/tester ... order1.gif

i

Ye I see what you mean.. and that link kind of made me laugh :lol: The short shifter only cost something like 13 quid. Or I could get a nice red one for 25 quid. If I don't like the shifter I could put it on my Honda Concerto (new project coming soon) ;)

Ye I have made a thread for the Concerto but I never got round to taking pics or keeping track on it. I inherited the car from my Granfather who had it for 24 years! I still haven't dug the car out of his garage yet, which sat in there for like 9 years.. I have got some plans for her but I don't know whether to keep it standard and turn it mint condition or build it for track day. I know my Grandad will hate me turning the car into something else :lol: