**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done anything to the M for a while now apart from general maintenance. Fit new brake pads on front and rear today. They are only Apec pads for now but I will replace the disc and pads for something fancier one day (maybe grooved/drilled disc with Mintex pads). Just wondering have anybody used a short shifter on our M's before? I saw a couple quite cheap on Ebay, like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Short-S ... 35c54b48c2

Do they make a big difference and is it worth getting one? Thanks ;)

Sounds good.. does it feel more precise when changing gears? Because mine is floppy :lol: That is really why I want one and wondering if it will feel more stable. And if I don't like it I can obviously put the original back on. WinWin ;)

I have found one for 13 quid buy it now on Ebay but like you said cheap ones can break.. And I see it a lot over the internet. But then its all down to how you drive it ;)

short shifter is cool. personally i ditched mine in favour of stock. found gears bit stiff for normal driving with short shift on.

I use my car everyday for work and the gears can be a bit stiff when cold, so having a short shifter is not going to help :? I will buy one anyway as they don't cost much ;)