**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

I was talking to a few people about that stuff. Think I will do a bit of shopping at Halfrauds tomorrow. The products I have got are a few years old so maybe that's why :)

You've been polishing it every day?

You may have too much polish on there, which is making the paint hazy, as I said in the detailing thread, try claying it first then SRP is good to use by hand (I'm assuming you don't have a DA).

If you're making a trip to halfords then the megs quik clay kit is decent buy, some SRP and for wax I'd recommend either; megs deep crystal carnauba wax (a nice liquid wax), megs gold class liq wax or try the quick wax you asked about. They have a 3for2 offer on cleaning & detailing at the moment.

Personally I prefer a paste wax but the only one they have that I would consider is an Autoglym one and that's £45 and I doubt you want to spend that much.

Well... I haven't polished it everyday. I polished it a few days back and then a few light polish today. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to detailing as I usually just stick to the basic cleaning. But seeing some members rides on here, I got to make a start... 

Thinking about it now, I am just putting layers on top of layers so like you said, its looking hazy (photos don't do it justice)

I will write those products down and see what I can do. Hopefully I can get a good deal on them :)

Hopefully you will, yes.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to chat next weekend and I'm sure one of us might be able to steer you in the right direction, Alex is the real pro and top chap to talk to. :)

• Like 1

it come such a long way to end like it has is devastating. was looking forward to see this at japfest. are you still gonna turn up to japfest? 

Eh??!!  shrug.gif1

Sh1t just seen facebook, absolutely gutted, hope you're ok?