**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Guest craigblight

I was thinking about this during my walk this morning. My theory is the soft sleeves on the front may have allowed the rear to become too light too quick with the transfer of weight under braking causing the rear brakes to lock sending the car into the slide? The mis-match of suspension certainly wouldn't have helped :(

i have sleeves on mine and is fine under hard brakeing 

i have sleeves on mine and is fine under hard brakeing 

Kyfer has sleeves on the front and standard EG shocks and springs on the rear, not a matching set front to rear.

Guest craigblight

Kyfer has sleeves on the front and standard EG shocks and springs on the rear, not a matching set front to rear.

but mine on koni dampers up front and standard dampers on rear 

Do you think your sleeves had anything to do with the crash? It shouldn't just spin on you like that?

Same sort of thing happend to my bro in his ef running those sleeves

So sorry to have read this pal! This is one i was hoping to see in person at fest as you have put so much time and effort into her :( gutted for you mate really am!! The main thing is that your ok... The front end can possibly be rebuilt... Although humpty dumpty got put back together its good that its only the car that needs attention and not yourself also ;)

Thanks again for the comments guys. I have finally got her back from the pound I cannot describe how devastated I am right now. It almost feel that I will never get over it. I know it's just a car and I could get another one, but I cannot be bothered to get another car at the moment. In fact, I can't even afford to buy a car. I'm left with 9 quid in the bank after paying out £350 for recovery charges. My insurance won't pay out because I'm on third party and my apprenticeship ends this Friday. I also got to pay out for the barrier I crashed in to... So things are very tough right now.

Now the car... Unfortunately she cannot be repaired. The damage has gone too far. The chassis looks like it almost torn off and the gearbox housing has completely cracked right through with a couple holes on the bell housing. But the engine is still all in one piece but I don't think it's even worth keeping the engine. 

Now the bit I really going to hate is stripping her...  :cry:

10351177_726483330749875_136766070264338

10269506_726483217416553_708205786184957

1609941_726483464083195_7027558973192877

10320521_726483737416501_730903808665484

Ah man, that's so sad to see. Sounds like times are going to be hard for a while but I'm sure you'll come out the other side and always remember it could've been so much worse.  :cry: