You have alot of potential, I need to do this on my old MB3 but scared of going wrong lol.

i have a lot of potential doing what mate?

its not as hard as it looks, first time taking the engine apart on my own and it all seems to be going ok so far though!!

just take your time and do your research

• Like 1

Mega cudos to you doing this work yourself mate, makes it even more satisfying when its all back together and problem is fixed. I want to get the engine out of DD sometime soon to get the bay fully detailed, and get the engine all cleaned and painted. Luckily never had any engine probs with her at all in the 12 or so years we've had her now, engine seems really healthy so won't be taking it apart! lol Might even do a wire tuck on her, will see how it all goes.

Love following your build mate, always a lot of work going on and a very interesting read!

cheers boss.

ye will be getting the head back on the car tomorrow i'm hoping!! been stoning down the head and bottom end ready for putting back together.

will get a few more pictures up shortly

• Like 1

mega impressive mate!

thanks, its getting there and I;ve had a bit of help from a few members which is nice as this is quite new to me.

bought myself a torque wrench from Halfords as I have a trade card now :D

Dont be too humble alex not everyone is even willing to try n fix an engine so for you to be taking it apart fixing it and putting it back together is a gr8 achievement fair play sir

• Like 2