kinks EG project. B18 turbo

KiNK43

Out of interest jake, where in the revs does it start to pick up?

Ermmm. It's top endy as it is.

1-3k sluggish.

3-5.5k feels Torquey picks up well in any gear.

5.5-8.5k obviously starts to go well high up in the revs.

I keep reminding myself it's a n/a 1.8

And that considered it's good.

Tuner also told me he could make it better at low revs with adjustable cam gears but then would loose top end. Always a compromise.

1-3k sluggish.

Tuner also told me he could make it better at low revs with adjustable cam gears but then would loose top end. Always a compromise.

Wouldn't want to sacrifice top end for low end grunt IMO. I think the combination of exhaust and skunk2 intake side makes it naturally better up top too!!

See who needs turbos Need to weigh my M love to no what it is

Can't be too far off standard could it??

Guest jimbob738

1-3k sluggish.

mines the same jake, the 2.5" kills bottom end stone dead but then top end pretty impressive.

Guest jimbob738

yeah but if you took the 2.5" off and replaced with a nice 4-2-1 2.25" and same bore exhaust it instantly returns, the 2.5" bore isn't really suited to the b18c4 as its not ported and polished like the ITR but the intake mod helps things as the standard c4 intake is soooooo restrictive its untrue in my opinion the worst thing Honda put on a B series engine, made sense on paper ( due to economical driving and fuel consumption) but not in practice, just chokes up top end power.

I bought the dual Valve ITR springs and looking for cams now to try and get past the low end issues on the b18c4 I think a mild polish and 3 valve seats will make it a different engine IMHO.

I like the SOHC D16 and D15 for the intakes they had on them, they roared like fook with a £20 induction kit on them and went like a biatch.

• Like 1

Yeah surely can't be much off can it Dave? ? Despite being larger I would expect k to be similar weight to a b from modern materials n all

Yer I would think so too just be nice to see :)

On the low end power can not say rally as I not got that prob really :lol: I can even shoot out of a roundabout in 6th :lol:

• Like 1

Yer I would think so too just be nice to see :)

On the low end power can not say rally as I not got that prob really :lol: I can even shoot out of a roundabout in 6th :lol:

Show off ;-)