kinks EG project. B18 turbo

KiNK43

What's it doing there? Get It on!

Skunk website shows how to check. Few things give it away. How runners join plenum and where iacv hole is and shape.

Makes them very very top endy though doesnt it ! Dont want to ruin the drivability!

Will get the exhaust sorted and how i want it first, then will look at intake :-)

Plus I never did quite get it right with the vac hoses etc on the EK.. Need to research.

Yeah there is a big difference once you have looked at both the genuine and original !

Makes them very very top endy though doesnt it ! Dont want to ruin the drivability!

Will get the exhaust sorted and how i want it first, then will look at intake :-)

Plus I never did quite get it right with the vac hoses etc on the EK.. Need to research.

Yeah there is a big difference once you have looked at both the genuine and original !

yeah true it does despite skunks claims. It's more like a b16 now.

I have plugged most vac lines. Just using bare minimum. Pcv. Brake servo. Fpr. It made more sense with oem throttle but aftermarket has no vac ports so binned off all the emissions s**te.

I think when the time comes i'll look at your build more closely and see where you have yours running. Will give it a go ..

It does loose its torque though, which although is small, is nice to have.. Esp in a larger deck :-D

I think when the time comes i'll look at your build more closely and see where you have yours running. Will give it a go ..

It does loose its torque though, which although is small, is nice to have.. Esp in a larger deck :-D

Our engines need all the torque they can get! 

What about an inlet that raises the top end and a 4-2-1 to help low down? Would that work the way I'm thinking or would they cancel each other out?

Our engines need all the torque they can get! 

What about an inlet that raises the top end and a 4-2-1 to help low down? Would that work the way I'm thinking or would they cancel each other out?

Very interesting thinking .. Perhaps .. Although thinking about it, i dont think that the 4-2-1 would be an improvement over standard for low down .. So on that thinking, your still going to loose some, but maybe just not as much as if you were running a skunk2 inlet and 4-1 mani ..

• Like 1

To be honest I do love my setup as is. Very quick up top serious feels like you been shunted up the rear by a bus when ya plant it in 2nd gear.

But I do think the standard ecu and iabs are better for general driving about. Defo.

I had a similar setup, bolt on wise, no cams and standard ecu in the EK and that rocketed up top. Was just quite flat driving normally, not that it was driving normally lol.

I think in something like an eg or EK you can get away with it, in my bus, not too sure lol.

I think in an M low-mid might be the better way to go, top end as is I enjoy anyway!

But that's where you can do the shorter final drive in the gearbox!