kinks EG project. B18 turbo

KiNK43

Out of interest, what difference do you think that the cams made to the power band - did it move it up the revs?

Hard to say, it now makes stock 170hp at about 6800rpm. Rev limits at around 8500. I'll have to dig out dyno sheet from when engine was in mb6 all standard. See how it compares.

Think it's s multitude of mods ! Rather than just the cams.

Out of interest, did you get the cams cheap?? Would it not have been better to get a yet head?

Think it's s multitude of mods ! Rather than just the cams.

Out of interest, did you get the cams cheap?? Would it not have been better to get a yet head?

Type r head with our pistons will lower compression.

I swapped turbo bits for these. Although I have a another set in the shed that I bought last year. There not what they should have been. Still don't know ow what engine they are from.

They were off civiclife.net I had no idea until car was mapped. Then investigated.

Now I know how to identify type r cams they have unique markings on them.

But yeah kinda maxed this engine out for a budget setup. Yasir who mapped it said it will go a bit more with aftermarket valve springs raise limit may make 3hp more. We both agreed it would be a waste of money and time. As have had a good result as is

They were off civiclife.net I had no idea until car was mapped. Then investigated.

Now I know how to identify type r cams they have unique markings on them.

But yeah kinda maxed this engine out for a budget setup. Yasir who mapped it said it will go a bit more with aftermarket valve springs raise limit may make 3hp more. We both agreed it would be a waste of money and time. As have had a good result as is

Yeah you wouldn't notice 3hp but the extra revs would be cool to listen to! Love listening to the motors on Spoon Civic's!

Out of interest, what difference do you think that the cams made to the power band - did it move it up the revs?

Hard to say, it now makes stock 170hp at about 6800rpm. Rev limits at around 8500. I'll have to dig out dyno sheet from when engine was in mb6 all standard. See how it compares.

Standard they make peak power just before the limiter so with that in mind and seeing the dyno graph I'd say the power band is behaving as it would standard, just making more of it! :smile: