• 2 weeks later...

got a wierd on for you all, parked up the car up waiting for a gap in the traffic to get out, and there was this al mighty bang, no damage to the car so thought i was some one eles's car that had been hit, so folded the drivers' mirror in to find it's gone really floppy, there's no ristiance to folding it what's so ever, has anyone had this happen to them, gonna try to strip it tommorow.

I hate it when that sort of thing happens, it's like when you're on a motorway and a stone hits the car, does no damage but makes a drama of the whole thing anyway! :lol:

Hope the mirror is okay!

first of all, it wasn't hit, it was metal fatigue, not sure is anyone has stripped a door mirror down but it's quite easy to do.

the folding mechinism has like a valve spring and a cap that cut's in to the the ally chassis of the mirror holding it in place, that cap has weakend and sprang off, it took a vice and 2 lambda scoket's (one's with cut out's for the wiring) to squeeze it back on, putting it back on all ok, started to bang the door card on and i heard the bang again :roll: so it's now got a cable tie holding it in place (ghetto or what :lol: )

anyway i've been meaning to have a look at the mirror as the heated bit isn't working, and that's down to it having a replacement mirror at some point in it's life, and the the wire's to the heated element are rotton as well.

also the spring on the passenger side is also weak aswell

krzys and unicycingtom, yeah know the feeling, it was a oh $hit moment WTF was that.

kink43, what do you want for them as i do need some quickly, i take it their heated and electric :?:

the mirror and base plate's are all ok, just need the internal's are needed although they are going to be a swine to do as mirror motor's seem to be hard wired to the loom and the plug won't fit through the mirror either..

the other thing i need to decide on is what color to paint the wheel's. any idea's i'm thinking of oem silver like this \/

a99dc2_a02.jpg

not sure if it help's but the vtis kit is going black, not sure if it's gonna be PB (rear skirt and side skirt are already PB), NHB, matt black, or gloss black.

the mid boot spoiler is going silver though

cheer's jake, don't mind the about the scratch's, as the internals' are what i need. you'll have a PM shortly about it.

tom, i don't think bronze wheel's would suit a silver car.

i think i am gonna go for silver, but would consider other idea's from people.

i look in to it in the new year.....

as for the mirror, the cable tie didn't last long as some kind soul folded the mirror in for me :roll: snapping the cable tie, so now eletrical tape is keeping it in place.....