didn't get tested today, as the boss doesn't like people testing their own car for obvous reason's, so it's sat at work for first thing tommorow, and i have a lovely 2002 astra to drive, and it's so wierd driving a car without vtec. it's offical, i'm a vtec addict....

as for the led bulb's, eventually i want to replace all the bulb's wit led's one as they should never need doing again, and after driving the astra 50 odd mile's in the dark, i want some hids' for it as well...

my pet hate is headlamp's out of allinement, i tend to adjust every car's headlamp on it's mot....

speaking of mot's, i mot'd mine today, and failed it... brake balance was at 32%, max is 25%. few advisory's on brake line's, and rear trailing arm bush's, nothing new then.

just took the pad's out as both inner one's were stuck cleaned up and back in. also changed the oil and filter while i was at it.

when i was logging mine on for test, it was a civic vti 5dr hatchback, so that was sorted, and the mot certificte now say's civic aerodeck....

my pet hate is headlamp's out of allinement, i tend to adjust every car's headlamp on it's mot....

You'll be pleased to hear that mine are out [smash.gif]

right, i'm coming down to your's now, armed with a 10mm scocket and ratchet......... :lol:

but i didn't need to adjust mine, cos i did all that when i got it, i also adjusted the fog lamp's as well WACK11111WACK11111WACK11111

back in october, i put a new battery on her, as she was getting a bit sluggish to start, it was a bosch s4 rated at 330 amp, on tuesday i noticed that again it was sluugush to start, so page's who i bought the battery off, tested it it came back at 12.54V, 235 amp's, and a total life of 66%. so that got replaced and it was back to normal, so sorted. or not

again this morning at 6am i went out to go to work, went to start it and it only just started. didn't have chance to drop test the battery today, but i'm just hoping it's a dud battery again, i just hope it isn't the alternator or starter giving up, went to start it tonight, and when cranking over, you can hear the main relay clicking away.....

any thought's people?...

(i'm am gonna look at the charge rate and what not tommorow...)

well it's sorted. when i drove it home on friday, i came via the a15 (50ish mph) and a180m (70ish mph) for about an hr... went out to it saturday morning started fine. drove to the railway and left it their from 8 till 6pm, very slow to start. so took it for a run up to laceby and back home. went out to i this morning and it really only just started, so took it to halford's (trade card bitch's :lol: ) and they checked the charge FOC (nice one halford's) and it came as this,

no load 12.06 so not looking good for the alternator

but with load (light's/heated screen/etc) it came back

with load, 13.95 so WTF is going on.

so got a few bit's from them, screen wash, and a battery charger (just in case for monday morning at 5.30 am) and thought about it. and it kept coming back to the same thing, earth's, as to be blunt these honda's the earth system is sh!t.......

got home, stuck it on charge, and pulled the rocker cover/slam panel one off, cleaned/greased and back on, same with the battery to body strap, but the best one was the gearbox to O/S chassis rail. started to pull the airbox off, (ITR) airbox was bolted to the same bolt as the earth strap, which snapped, :o , got the air box out of the way, and got the bolt out body, cleaned that up and bolted the body one back it. and bolted the other side back on directly in to the gear box. also took the oppertunity to pull a starter bolt out and grease it up as well.

it now start's up like new, and i also think the head light's are a bit better as well.