FroSTy my frozen white st225. revo stage 4 approx 350bhp - 370bhp. Wrapped

mcjacko1987

hmmmm or even does anyone know the thread size? cos iv tried pliers to remove the threads and they wont budge. so thought if I put 2 nuts on an unscrew the thread that way, hopefully, then I can use the threads I have and just move them into the hole closer the window. drill 2 more holes in boot and once tightened should sit flush right down then

ok another idea on how to fit which i think will be best but i still need to remove the threads....and bin them.

was thinking if i cut a hole like this:

20130124_160715_zpsb5f3b059-1_zps9958251d.jpg

so i have enough roof to get my fingers in there and feed a bolt threw from the spoiler into the boot and tighten a nut. do one where the thread is at the top and do one where theres a hole at the bottom (will need to drill another hole in the boot though).

anyone have any better ideas for me then im all ears....or eyes :S ...........

I don't think rivets will be strong enough personally.

I thought that too. dunno why im running into such stupid problems though. it should have been easy. if the threads on the spoiler where ok then it would be on now.

haha just realised I put my reg plate back kn upside down. omg I need a smack in the face this week and wake up lol

Looks like you need to get a fixing in the forward mount holes. I'm assuming the spoilers a sort of foam filled affair at the ends like the civic ones?

Could you bond in a section of stainless threaded bar?

Put a coarse thread stainless screw from the boot into the spoiler material?

Find another sort of helical insert (like a metal plasterboard fixing e.g.) and screw into that? http://assets.jewson.co.uk/product-imag ... n/9541.jpg

Move the centre fixings to the end? (if they are like civic ones that have a coarse thread into the spoiler that you can unscrew, they look the same)

Bucket of tiger seal? :)

ok so plan with spoiler is get the thread closest to middle of the spoiler out and move to the hole nearest the window so once screwed on its flush on the boot right down. might drill a hole in the middle of one of the bases so I can get the loose thread out and also use that on the other side. and as hickster said il make it extra tight with tiger seal. just need a way to remove them threads. see if I can find some nuts and double the nuts up so I can unscrew them off.

ohhh I found some mesh in my shed that I was using on the saxo bumper but the edges came tacky but should be more than enough to do the front grill, also have some paint and primer left so I can see my bonnet grill getting modded soon. pretty sure I got some black paint too so will do headlights. if not grill is on hold until I get black paint for the lights. want to do them together so the front has a drematick change ;)

if I do have it all and I can get threds sorted on the spoiler might do it all in the one day. change the whole appearance in one day will be nice.

oh another kitchen pic to finish off the mini essay lol and as I parked the car the other way round as I usually do....

20130128_124037_zps93b0f51a.jpg

so a few decent plans that I can get done soon :)