my MB2 - projectors in the making - mb16

crazyrob9999

Well had a slight problem with the civic today wouldn't start :s luckily found out that I had run out of fuel and my fuel light doesn't work haha but at the time didn't realise so I read fault codes on ecu and I got:

14 idle air control valve

21 vtec oil pressure switch

22 vtec solenoid

So I can comfirm I have a vtec motor with no vtec lol but sending ecu off as apparently that can cause the no vtec as it an older ecu so while it at h tune I'm getting launch control built into it aswell with a road map so hopefully it will be awesome when it all done :)

Your code 22 are due to no pressure switch. You have to link pins A4 and D6 at the ecu with a little bit of wire to bypass.

if you have no wire at A4. Then your car previously had no vtec and you will need to run a wire to the vtec solenoid ( that would explain your code 21.

Iacv its likely the plug on your old engine loom was different number of wires and connector needs converting

Yeah I sending ecu off to h tune to do the one wire vtec and while it there having launch control put in. I didn't realise that if it didn't have vtec before there wouldn't be a wire for it I thought it would use the same loom but not have the wire going anywhere so will have to check that. Yeah the idle air control valve on car originally was 3 wire and new one is 2 wire how would I convert that?