Dinochips Project mb6

dinochips

Will upload a couple photos of the making of little custom item I made :)

So lokking at the front of many civic I grow to really like the look of front bumper canards. after doing research found the prices for a little bit of shaped carbon fiber are ridiculous.

Sooo I decided to make my own :D

started off by making some cardboard ones to get the profile of the front bumper

IMG_7680_zps507e4fac.jpg

once I had a near enough shape I was looking for a photographed it and traced theprofile in CAD and managed to  smooth the edges off. This then allowed me to laser cut the profiles I would use as a stencil.

I then ordered a sheet of 2mm Carbon fiber already cast which I can then used to cut up.

Once cut up into the correct profile I bought some tasty little 90 degree brackets from B&Q which will allow me to fit the to the front of the car after I epoxey'd them on :)

IMG_7767_zpsa04851ad.jpg

will upload the final photos in a sec my internet is rubbish tonight

• Like 2

Ok everyone the time has come to Unvail my new wheels. So after along time with my team dynamics I decided it was time to move forward and get a completely new unique look to the car. So after much saving and an deciding I choose A baad neew set of Rota's

IMG_7734_zps86db143b.jpg

After deciding to get 16's i also need new tyres so hooed myself up with Maxxi's MAZ1's

IMG_7748_zpsfcd9b50f.jpg

So new rims and new tyre's to be honest im just going to cut to the chase and give you guys my new look 8-) 

I decided to go back to my MB6 kits as vti's didn't suit my car as im sure most of you would agree. I also had a problem rolling my rear arches which now needs the attension of some body filler and  a respray which did annouy loads but i will get it fixed.

Carbon fiber carnards all fitted aswell the car now looks like this :D hope you guys approve [smitten.gif]

IMG_7811_zps7632c0a2.jpg

IMG_7794_zps2c0a93b5.jpg

IMG_7792_zpsa8d5e983.jpg

IMG_7806_zps1aa21687.jpg

I will have to get some good phot's for you this weekend as I should have the last mod arrive fo the front end but hope you guys like the car I no I do and its only going to keep getting better :D

• Like 3