My Civic MA The Story Continues, She’s Back :)

skitzma8

That first pic looks like it was taken on a potato. So cant see the plugs very well.

p1j is an obd1 ecu. The other doesn't look like obd1 plug layout but like I say I can't see it well enough.

But seriously tho im curious. You have taken the engine out. If your confident enough to do that then surely unplugging the ecu to see if it fits shouldn't be a problem for you. Would take seconds and then your question is answered for sure.

I hope I don't sound like an arse.. just you could then be certain rather than us lot guessing or googling it for you.

So now looking above. Are you swapping the interior loom over too. That would solve any problems and would be the option I would choose whilst doing your swap.

And Don't forget about your immobiliser on the new ecu.

The camera on my phone is a bit weird sorry mate. Taking the engine out etc is easy! Not much too these d series.. Just seing if using my d14 dash loom was plug and play, after wiring in Vtec, OPS, and O2 sensor.. Because its quicker than having to take my MA8's dash out.

generally obd2 cars have different connectors. Mb6 seems to be a weird one having obd1 plugs still.

All I'm saying is if you pull the ecu out the deck and try it in your ma8. It will take you minutes and then you will know.

Good luck.