Maz's Silver MB2 Project... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :(

ammarbm

They look really good, I hope you can get them to fit.

I don't understand what machined out means.if they are 54mm and I need 56.1mm can that be resolved using spigot rings?

What that means is that the centre bore of the wheel you are trying to fit on is smaller than the hub so it won't fit on flush.

You can get them machined out which means cutting away some of the metal so they will fit on to your hubs.

Apologies for getting the tyre sizes mixed up, I forget the MB2 came with 14's as standard. Tyre calculator here:http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

• Like 1

They look really good, I hope you can get them to fit.

What that means is that the centre bore of the wheel you are trying to fit on is smaller than the hub so it won't fit on flush.

You can get them machined out which means cutting away some of the metal so they will fit on to your hubs.

Apologies for getting the tyre sizes mixed up, I forget the MB2 came with 14's as standard. Tyre calculator here:http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

Ok another funny thing happened today I was taking the new alloys off to put the old ones back for now and the driver's side rear one got stuck.it just won't come off so I put the bolts back on and drive to the nearest tyre shop.he took it off but he told me I need spacers for them.can anyone link which ones I need

White rims look really good against the blue calipers!! Couldnt notice the calipers much with the blacks on!

Hope you get them to fit mate, i can imagine how annoying it is!!

Thanks a lot mate yeah I loved how prominent they made the blue calipers look. I will refurbish them myself as the previous owner didn't do a good job and the paint is flaking off

Sounds like he means offset of the toyota wheels is off and your getting rubbage, I would have a look with it jacked up to see how much they are fouling and you may just need 5mm or less ones:)

I think universal 4 stud ones would be ok?

• Like 1

Sorry- yeah machined just means basically drilling the holes bigger! Don't panic though any machine shop that can skim a cylinder head or sort out brake discs should be able to do it. The way I've seen it done before is just with a big pillar drill type thing nothing that fancy!

If they are from a mk1 MR2 (I think all later ones are 5 stud) the centre bore is still 54.1mm apparently. Wheel spacers are also hub centric (i.e. you need 4x100 56.1) but they may be a good fix anyway as they will move the alloy away from the hub; 3mm or 5mm spacers will probably lose the need for modifying the alloys- as long as the spacers don't have the flange on them for sitting in the alloys centre bore. With ET45 alloys you may be having an issue with them hitting the brake calliper, though this is normally an issue with the front. I'm pretty sure my 15x6.5j alloys are et45 and there is no rubbing anywhere. Run your hands round the back of the tyres to have a check and look at the distance between the spokes of the wheel and the calliper.

Sorry this is a lot of complicated info that is a bit hard to explain without diagrams etc!

• Like 1

The new rims look sweet! Shame they don't fit straight on though... As already stated above, could be a smaller bore so it doesn't sit flushed on the hub. Or could be buckled rims! (I doubt it though) Have you tried putting the wheels on the rears to the fronts and see if that makes any difference? 

• Like 1

Thanks guys for liking the alloys. I was trying to take them off the other day to put the old ones back on for now. 3 of them came off easily but the driver's side rear one got stuck on the drums centre bit.I tried pulling as much as I could but just won't come off.it only came off when I drove to the tyre shop and he took it off but he told me the centre of alloy is too big and I need the rings that go in the middle. I think he means spigot rings. Just need to figure out which ones to get.