It shouldn't do jay, when i do my actual shocks i'll only spot weld them bit by bit... Fingers crossed should be fine ;)

Ah tom these pics are really helping! :) ... I see how its been done that way now, but does the bottom of the shock have two notches for the pinch bolt? One in its original place and one higher up for the new fork position, as the fork has gone higher up?

The shaft looks quite close to the bottom of the shock, does it knock if you hit a bit lump or pothole hard??

About 10mm is the shortest with cutting the top of the forks as not interfere with the clamping,

the pinch bolt need turning down also as so not to interfere and denting damper,

turned my bolts down by putting the bolt in a drill and turning it on then using a grinder shaved some off whilst it was spinning.

Did not want to weld on the damper though by moving the clamp for the gas expansion issues in doing so.

• Like 2

Cheers @noodels very helpful! With the welding i should get away with it as ill only spot it carefully, i wont steam a great fat slug all the way around as that'll deffo heat it up inside!! Lool

Yeah @Chandler they do, so when i move the collar up i have to keep it in the same alignment to make sure the fork is the right way around!

Its just a different way of doing it and if all goes well its another option for people! :)

If shock absorbers were meant to be welded into place they would be from factory...

I'm sure there's a very good reason people generally don't do this otherwise it would be a more "standard practise".

• Like 1