Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Guest jimbob738

That's what Sutton auto factors like to do get you running backwards and forwards filling you full of bu11sh1t its soooo annoying until you eventually just snap well I do anyway.

glad they did a proper job, end of the day they shouldn't take the job on if they cant complete it in the promised time frame it says on there website they can sort a single piston caliper in one day so really 4 days maybe 5 tops.

some people ay well atleast it looks nice now back together.

88DC6167-0113-4F73-BE35-D9619C659665_zps

Front disc after a few miles, pedal still soft but the brakes are getting stronger, my brother says we will bleed them again anyway to be sure as with some pressure I can press the pedal to the floor.

wow looking good. sounds like you still got air in there. it takes some shifting if youve had all the hoses off and everything. just be patient with it.

something to look at with ya handbrake.. if the piston is wound in too far that will make the handbrake s**t. you should adjust piston so that there is a 1mm gap when fitted over the the new pads.

wow looking good. sounds like you still got air in there. it takes some shifting if youve had all the hoses off and everything. just be patient with it.

something to look at with ya handbrake.. if the piston is wound in too far that will make the handbrake shit. you should adjust piston so that there is a 1mm gap when fitted over the the new pads.

Will it make any difference if the brakes in general still need bleeding do you know?

Just trying to work out if that would have any affect on it too? If the self adjusting and tightening the cable doesn't sort it I'll look at winding the piston in, though you'd think that's what the self adjusting thing is supposed to do?

Had a proper go at the handbrake, works a little bit but still not very good at all. I'll try again once the brakes are bled again and fingers crossed that's what is causing the problem.

Well bled the brakes again with help from my mate and a fair bit of air came out and the pedal did firm up. Started the car to do the handbrake and suddenly after a couple of pumps it's spongy again like before! My mate said he noticed that when undoing the bleed valve fluid was seeping out of one or two corners so it could be the bleed valves aren't doing their job properly. Adjusted the handbrake and the offside does nothing and the nearside now holds the car but isn't so strong that I would park it on a decent hill.

Losing faith at the minute, been on auto trader today...

Nooooo!!!! No auto trader!!!

If there's still a soft feeling/sponginess it has to be air in the system. when you bled at at the begging, did you start at the rear nearside? Also did you use the old spanner and bottle way, for a vacuum bleed kit?

Yeah, furthest away and worked towards the master cylinder. Two man method with a bleed kit, kept the fluid topped up at all times.

Mate reckons the new bleed valves might be letting air in. Least it's a cheap item to replace.

look's like you aren't having fun, with bleeding the brake's, you want to do the furthest away from the master cylinder, and it want's to be a 2 man job. so you need to bleed in this order, O/S/R, N/S/R, N/S/F and O/S/F.  the most effective way of bleeding the brake is to have one sat in the car pressing the pedal, and the other cracking the bleed nipple. 

so,

1, top the fluid up

2, press and hold the brake pedal

3, open the first bleed nipple, (with the person still holding the pedal down)

4, close the bleed nipple, 

repeat several times on the each caliper.

the other thing i would do is to wind the rear caliper piston's back in and pump the brake's back out, this should reset the handbrake mechanism in the calipers as well.

wish i had seen this earlier, as i was up in your neck of the woods today.....