Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Right, few jobs done today with help from my mate and his dad, really appreciated it!!

Thermostat done!

Checked the sunroof drains, bit of crap came out passenger side, fair bit from the drivers side, going to leave the windscreen seal for now to see how it goes.

Managed to get the window regulator changed for the one that stabbed me last weekend! Also bent the door handle linkage so that it sits in the door handle decently to refit that!

I'm quite chuffed with those bits, I will finally have heat to go hooning and be warm! :lol:

Also threw in some mats that John Banks Honda sent me :D

A good day then. :)

Need to replace the aircon pump as the pulley on it is knackered but that can wait!

Just got the sagging headlining, collapsed back box, rear ARB and front linkages to replace and then there's just the heavy clutch left but I can live with that.

Are you changing the arb for an MG one or do you just need drop links?

Got an MG one one to replace it with but both drop links on the OEM one are shot. I've given Dr BHM Esq dibs on it as I promised him the last one which I then lost :lol:

• Like 2

Cool it's coming on a treat now. Well done getting it all sorted so quickly.

How does it compare to the low miler you had?? Feel much different to drive? Other than the clutch I guess..

Just been outside, top of the A pillars are damp but not as bad as before, I'd guess the windscreen seal or roof guttering but I'm not doing anything today :lol:

Stop messing about and get these jobs finished already :P

Just kidding ;)

Glad you got the thermostat done.  Def makes a world of a difference to the car and a bit more satisfaction for you that you're getting somewhere with it

Stop messing about and get these jobs finished already :P

Just kidding ;)

Glad you got the thermostat done. Def makes a world of a difference to the car and a bit more satisfaction for you that you're getting somewhere with it

:lol:

Definitely! I'd say we're half way there but other than the leaks the interior jobs are done!

Been busy again today, removed the headlining! Bit of a bodge the way I did it but because this one isn't going back in it didn't matter.....plus it started to fall apart anyway! :lol:

But this has definitely pointed the finger to the windscreen for the leakage! Drivers side looks like it may have been leaking for a while and the passenger side looks like it was leaking over a larger portion! You'll see what I mean in the pictures!

Oh and my parcel shelf fell to pieces too, good job I don't need that right now too! :roll:

20140104_151543_zpstnaoyhqa.jpg

Passenger side:

20140104_150842_zpsmcl9r9zk.jpg

20140104_150822_zpsgssiznkn.jpg

Driver's side:

20140104_150742_zpspi5kolnx.jpg

20140104_150804_zpsso9r4awb.jpg

I've dried both sides as much as I could and will see how quick/much it leaks overnight/tomorrow as it's meant to rain. I'm fetching some bits from a guy breaking a VTi-S tomorrow, headlining, a fog light, parcel shelf and a few other little bits. Once I've dealt with the leak(s) I'll put the new stuff in, the water had ruined the original headlining so don't want to spoil the new none sagging one just yet! :lol:

Almost forgot, replacement hazard light switch came today :lol:

That is the exact same area where it's leaking in my car but it's not as bad as yours. I just applied loads of clear silicone sealer on the inside and outside of the windscreen and it seem to fix the leak! But this is only part time until I get a whole new window replacement. 

Are you going to fit the new headliner straight away or wrap it in a different colour?