Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

It was my first time doing that sort of thing so wanted to make sure :lol:

I think just a rough surface rather than total annihilation will do, or as you said, 10 minutes sanding! :)

Its just about taking that 'shine' off it .. So the primer has an adhesive surface to stick onto ..

• Like 3

Its just about taking that 'shine' off it .. So the primer has an adhesive surface to stick onto ..

Aye!

I went for that paints4u site Nick linked in another thread, £23 or so for the relevant wet & dry, primer, PB paint and lacquer, think it was a 4 or 500ml can too which I'd have thought would be more than enough for the grill and rear strip! Will get it ordered when I get paid next week! :D

With regards to sand paper, I know that there are differing levels or coarse/fine, are the lowered numbered ones finer? Ie, start with 1200 and work down the lower numbered ones?

The bigger the number the finer it is.

It's all about sandy bits per inch.

So 180 has 180 coarse bits per inch.

1200 has 1200 finer bits per inch.

Something like that anyway

• Like 1

Exactly that. :)

Aye!

I went for that paints4u site Nick linked in another thread, £23 or so for the relevant wet & dry, primer, PB paint and lacquer, think it was 4 or 500ml can too which I'd have thought would be more than enough for the grill and rear strip! Will get it ordered when I get paid next week! :D

With regards to sand paper, I know that there are differing levels or coarse/fine, are the lowered numbered ones finer? Ie, start with 1200 and work down the lower numbered ones?

4 x 500ml, I should hope you'd have a bit left over from that. :lol:

As Jake said the lower the number the more coarse the paper, 400 or 600 should be coarse enough to take the shine off and give it a key then move up to 800 and 1200, wipe it with a degreaser, whack some primer on, let it dry, hit that with a wet piece of 2000, allow it to dry again, wipe it with degreaser, light coat of paint, leave it 10 mins, slightly heavier coat, 10 more mins, heavier again coat, when that's dry wet 2000 again (lightly) dry, wipe down and lacquer building up again.

• Like 2

Exactly that. :)

4 x 500ml, I should hope you'd have a bit left over from that. :lol:

As Jake said the lower the number the more coarse the paper, 400 or 600 should be coarse enough to take the shine off and give it a key then move up to 800 and 1200, wipe it with a degreaser, whack some primer on, let it dry, hit that with a wet piece of 2000, allow it to dry again, wipe it with degreaser, light coat of paint, leave it 10 mins, slightly heavier coat, 10 more mins, heavier again coat, when that's dry wet 2000 again (lightly) dry, wipe down and lacquer building up again.

Excellent! 

Not 4 x 500ml cans, a 400ml or 500ml can, just the one :lol:

Cheers Jake & Nick! 

• Like 1

Excellent! 

Not 4 x 500ml cans, a 400ml or 500ml can, just the one :lol:

Cheers Jake & Nick! 

Must read things properly :lol:

I think it's a 500ml, anyway you should only need about a quarter for those little bits. :)

• Like 1

Must read things properly :lol: I think it's a 500ml, anyway you should only need about a quarter for those little bits. :)

In fairness I thought he meant x4 500 ml cans too! Ha that would do both bumpers!! Lol.

• Like 1