Grant

My mate who does it for a living shows clients using the cellophane of a fag packet! Feels horrible if it hasn't been clayed even if the car looks clean! 

I've heard of that but how does it work?

Rub the body with the packaging between your fingers and the car, yours I suspect will feel smooth as silk but do it on a car you know hasn't seen a bar and it'll grab or feel rough.

• Like 1

Rub the body with the packaging between your fingers and the car, yours I suspect will feel smooth as silk but do it on a car you know hasn't seen a bar and it'll grab or feel rough.

Pretty much the same as running a finger over it then. :)

Thats exactly what Alex and I were doing on mine ... Plastic bag, christ you can feel it!! its horrible..

My old man came round the other day, commented saying she looked lovely, but reckoned it still wasnt as clean as his, 2012 A3 in royal blue..

So got him to do the bag test, he was horrified! ha .. Needless to say, he's wanting me to clay his!

Thats exactly what Alex and I were doing on mine ... Plastic bag, christ you can feel it!! its horrible..

My old man came round the other day, commented saying she looked lovely, but reckoned it still wasnt as clean as his, 2012 A3 in royal blue..

So got him to do the bag test, he was horrified! ha .. Needless to say, he's wanting me to clay his!

Bahahahaha. I'd love to have seen his face. :lol:

• Like 2

I've been threatening my old man with claying his S Class! :lol:

Needless to say, he's far less bothered about it!

It was a picture!! Althogh this is coming from the man still using sponges and shammies!

Put him right and he had my old microfibre mit that was replaced by my wookie mitt from fest ..

Will be interesting to see how well I can get it up actually ..

It was a picture!! Althogh this is coming from the man still using sponges and shammies!

Put him right and he had my old microfibre mit that was replaced by my wookie mitt from fest ..

Will be interesting to see how well I can get it up actually ..

So did you point out all the swirls and holograms that he's made by using a sponge?

So did you point out all the swirls and holograms that he's made by using a sponge?

Indeed i did :-D He wasnt impressed when comparing it to the deck !

• Like 1