Grant

Any luck with ur rattle yet dude?

Haven't done anything with it for a while dude.

Going to do cambelt, tensioner and water pump next weekend and then change the dizzy over again.

If that doesn't solve it, JBH do a head gasket for £56 delivered so will be getting that and putting y spare head on lol.

I'll then rebuild this one :-)

• Like 1

Haven't done anything with it for a while dude.

Going to do cambelt, tensioner and water pump next weekend and then change the dizzy over again.

If that doesn't solve it, JBH do a head gasket for £56 delivered so will be getting that and putting y spare head on lol.

I'll then rebuild this one :-)

I like the sound of that, going for goodies or just an OEM rebuild?

I like the sound of that, going for goodies or just an OEM rebuild?

Oh there will most certainly be goodies old chap ;-)

Will be interesting if a head swap solves it and then stripping down the "noisy" head and figgering out what was the culprit ..

Oh there will most certainly be goodies old chap :wink:

Will be interesting if a head swap solves it and then stripping down the "noisy" head and figgering out what was the culprit ..

Suppose the only way to find out if it is indeed something in the head would be to swap it! Just double check the head going on has no issues so you can be sure that it's a good'un going on. :)

Suppose the only way to find out if it is indeed something in the head would be to swap it! Just double check the head going on has no issues so you can be sure that it's a good'un going on. :)

Yeah its my head from the EK .. Hasnt been run for a couple of years, but was absolutley fine before :-D

Interesting! I asked about using a B16 head on the C4 a while back, think it'll change your compression but not sure how it'll actually affect the running!

Ah right, I think I was asking about the C6 head at the time. No idea about the a2 head other than you'll probably want to use the inlet manifold as well I would guess?

Ah right, I think I was asking about the C6 head at the time. No idea about the a2 head other than you'll probably want to use the inlet manifold as well I would guess?

I think the a2 is the only one that has a dif fitament for the inlet .. Not sure about the outlet ..

A c6 head would defo be the way to go to get a decent gain .. But if you were going to do the head, why not save and get a whole engine .. Always swings and round abouts!!

I think the a2 is the only one that has a dif fitament for the inlet .. Not sure about the outlet ..

A c6 head would defo be the way to go to get a decent gain .. But if you were going to do the head, why not save and get a whole engine .. Always swings and round abouts!!

I thought they all had the same sized inlets apart from the C1 and C4 which are taller?

Yeah agree on going for the full C6 or C swap, though the money involved could see more power from boosted conversion too! Definitely a few options with varying outcomes!