Steve's MB2 - MG ZS Trim installed at last (Pics page 3)

casasteve

Centre console isn't too bad. You have to remove the rear section behind the hand brake first - 2 screw at the rear, two difficult screws under handbrake where front and rear sections meet. These screws are the infamous ones that potentially sheer off if you're unlucky.

Then there are two screws either side of the centre console in the foot well, then one behind head unit and one either side at the top behind the hazard switch and rear screen heater switch.

The whole thing comes off but leaves the heater switches and ashtray in place.

Couple of pics in daylight :)

13555612465_f5eca2838d_c.jpg

13555609045_d2d6fcc211_c.jpg

I had problems with the ash tray, as I thought I might do, but not how I expected.  It looks as if the rails that hold the tray in are totally different on my car vs the MG ZS tray I have.  Back to the drawing board on that one.

You may also notice a couple of wires hanging out of the centre console below the heater dials.  These are a USB connector and an audio jack which are plugged into the back of the head unit.  I have some parts coming to DIY my own USB and AUX sockets which I intend to build into the two blank buttons (between the AC and the air re-circulate).  Hopefully it'll look nice and "factory" if I do it right.

• Like 1

Thanks :)  I have these coming for my DIY connector project:

41otD-rZOyL._SX385_.jpg  21QxpPxRW0L.jpg

I'll need to solder up a short audio connector wire, but should be easy enough.  I need to dig out my Dremmel I think!  If this doesn't work, I'll have to consider where else to mount them. I was thinking in the arm rest, but that may affect fitting cup holders which, after all, has been the whole point of messing about with my interior! :D (and I still don't have cup holders!)

It's sunny outside and I just want to go out and drive.  Sadly, chained to my desk for another few hours!

I think I've sourced a new ash tray assembly.  Amazing the price difference between and MG ZS assembly and a Rover 45! :D  Fiver plus post seems reasonable.