My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

I sprayed the lip kit silver myself.. Might try doing the pirates black also but I am not sure how it will turn out.. I want it to shine like the rest of the car but the silver I did didn't shine like the rest.. I would try on a lip first if it doesn't look nice I will just prep them all and take them to body shop.

Ah sad to see the green aerodeck but at least it's helped your PB deck so it's sacrifice is not wasted ;)

Both!

Whatever floats your boat!

I sprayed the lip kit silver myself.. Might try doing the pirates black also but I am not sure how it will turn out.. I want it to shine like the rest of the car but the silver I did didn't shine like the rest.. I would try on a lip first if it doesn't look nice I will just prep them all and take them to body shop.

Ah sad to see the green aerodeck but at least it's helped your PB deck so it's sacrifice is not wasted ;)

I'd personally prep it and then take it to the bodyshop. Pirates Black is not exactly the easiest colour to bring up after a respray.

I had that problem with the mid-spoiler. I got Pirates Black paint mixed from the bodyshop into an aerosol can. The colour came up pretty dull (slightly faded) even though I applied lacquer over it. I might be doing something wrong but it's just easier to go for a proper respray with the professional spray kit :)

I'd personally prep it and then take it to the bodyshop. Pirates Black is not exactly the easiest colour to bring up after a respray.

I had that problem with the mid-spoiler. I got Pirates Black paint mixed from the bodyshop into an aerosol can. The colour came up pretty dull (slightly faded) even though I applied lacquer over it. I might be doing something wrong but it's just easier to go for a proper respray with the professional spray kit :)

Words of wisdom mate.. I am gonna buy one can for trial though as I love spraying :).. If it doesn't work out I might use it on the wheels instead ;)

• Like 1

Words of wisdom mate.. I am gonna buy one can for trial though as I love spraying :).. If it doesn't work out I might use it on the wheels instead ;)

If you enjoy it then why not! :)

• Like 1

I painted a lip in pirates black before. I had todo a bit wet sanding and use some cutting compound to get a nice shine afterwards. Came out ok in the end :)

Look forward to seeing the vtis lip fitted

I painted a lip in pirates black before. I had todo a bit wet sanding and use some cutting compound to get a nice shine afterwards. Came out ok in the end :)

Look forward to seeing the vtis lip fitted

That is maybe why... I didn't sand it or use cutting compound after. Oh well it's done now haha. Thanks man, should be all fitted tomorrow! :D

Car has hit 172'000 miles today so a full service is due. Not sure if there's any point though seeing as another engine will be dropped in sometime this year. Or should I just go ahead with a service and see if I can get it to 200'000 mile? ;)

Gave her a good wash today and then it pi$$ed down....

SAM_1021.jpg

SAM_1023.jpg

SAM_1026.jpg

SAM_1028.jpg

• Like 1