"What the Heck??" Smitty_Works MC3 Aerodeck

well back to square1. even with the rear wiper unplugged its still blowing fuses!!! and now for some reason my rear trunk light stays on once the fuse blows. it stays on like its not closed, an open circuit, or something.

so I don't even know where to start to try and track this down. the Aerodeck shop manual I have is a good start, but I cant find any troubleshooting for this.

Is there a short in the rear demister!

I had a look at the boot lid wiring yesterday and saw no breakings in the wire harness or other parts of it. for giggles I pulled the motor out and ran direct power to that and it seemed to work with no issues. I also switched the wiper switch on the steering column too, and even that wasn't causing it to blow fuses.

When it was flooded, it has caused some electronic problems.

What electrical parts could have gotten wet?

the only harness that got wet was the floor harness. luckily everything thing else was higher up. the weird thing is that this all started when I put the center console and radio back in. I wonder if there is a wire or ground behind there causing this issue?

So I finaly found your build thread. I love the car. I would love to fit a Recaro seat but I read everywere that it's a pain to fit seats because of the rails.

wassup man? nice to see another nwp resident here. its not too bad as long as you have the right sliders and rails.  or if you are balling you can buy one from capital seating for 150GBP.