Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Sounds like you have a lot headed your way! 

Indeed I do!

I finally for the first time in 6 months have reverse lights, having bought a new reverse switch from Honda, we go to replace it to find the EP3 has a weird design flaw. The reverse switch wasn't the problem, the wires were broken... The standard airbox sits ontop of the reverse switch which means when the engine vibrates, in an engine that revs as fast and high as the K20 the wires get pushed upon and fray over time. Not good. Soldered in new wiring and the new switch and all is well now.

Also got new manifold bolts from Honda cheaper than from the motorfactors and installed them. Got a lot of plans for this car in 2015, not gonna be cheap but it'll be worth it (to me anyway)

Little gritty shot at work!

5de910d3-507d-464a-bd77-d1a4b2685e78_zps

Good you got it sorted, random what you find out when you work on cars eh? Least you know where to look if they stop working again in the future! 

Exactly this! It can be solved by adding a proper induction kit though but I'm very happy with the airbox mod and it maintains the standard look under the bonnet! AEM V2s are suddenly only £170 though..

Can't wait for my new parts to arrive, the waiting game has well and truly begun.

My older brother used to have a filter from an S2000 on his but no airbox and it sounded epic! He wants to try modifying an airbox to house it in for mine so we get noise but not the heat soak as much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glad it's sorted

Thanks!

Anyway updates updates updates..

Last week @Roj had found a car 6 miles from me that he wanted to buy to replace his MB3, fast forward to last Saturday and I'd picked him up from the train station and proceeded to take him to collect his new car. (Click here for the build thread for it). Just like last time when he came down to London in the MB6, we decided to take some photos, quite funny really! Last time he was in London he had a Honda and I had the BMW, now it's the opposite!

14597_10152639265873285_4644396049817165

IMG-20141221-WA0028.jpg

66f98dd1-d082-40eb-ab6c-90c708e852af_zps

bb5cee1e-1095-4c1d-92fc-04ae6bc03675_zps

As far as updates to my car.. well..

I've ordered some carbon fibre wrap for my dash because I attempted to respray it but then was called out on a family emergency so it didn't dry fully and looks blotchy in areas; may just buy another dash piece. Also my over(not really night, been over a month)night parts from Japan are still on their way, but should be here soon to clear customs etc. So that'll be done soon I hope! 

How it stands mod wise..

Current mod list:

- M2 BuddyClub replica Catback Exhaust 

- MTEC Grooved Discs + Mintex Pads

- Red Brake Calipers

- JDM EP3 Rear Anti-Roll Bar with HardRace Droplinks

- Hondata Airbox Mod

- LED Lighting Upgrade

- Pioneer DEH-X5600BT with some other Audio bits

- Team HEKO Wind Deflectors

- Not really a mod but the difference it made was incredible so Uniroyal Rainsport3 Tyres

To do list: 

- New midsection and possibly backbox for the exhaust (so a custom catback)

- Wrap interior trim

- Fit secret mods

- Tint the windows

- Paint headlight inners black

- Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs

- Rear Diffuser

Slowly but surely this car is getting done bit by bit!

• Like 1

Not sure if you've looked but what about the dash parts from a lesser Civic that's black already? 

I have indeed looked, I decided to spray my current one BMW sparkling graphite and it messed up so I need a new dash piece! I like the flat black lesser models dash trim but Ideally I'd want the OEM silver cause if I do ever come to sell this car, I know the CF wrap trim won't appeal widely and they may think 'what's he trying to hide by having wrapped it?' etc. 

Also what size are the stock front speakers in the EP3? Halfords had some pioneer 13cm's for £20 in the bargain bin and there's conflicting information on the internet about what size the front speakers really are!

I've bought 13cm for my fronts as that's what the speaker adaptors I've bought will allow me to fit, I think they're about that size anyway but the hole in the door is odd which is why I went down the route of the adaptor.

I still need to fit them though, I'm slacking :lol:

• Like 1