Track day brakes for a daily driven MB/MC

Dexter

All I know is my standard brakes bar braided lines etc and nissin super Street pads have met there match when hitting them hard at 140. Loads of fade and sponge now. New fluid required me thinks.

8 hours ago, Dexter said:

One thing i've been curious about but haven't yet experimented with is how usable or in other words safe "track use only"-pads are on public roads. But it seems like according to your experiences that atleast some of them are daily driveable as well?

I've read lots of praising reviews about CL Brakes and am temped to buy their track pads...

Alot of them are streetable but in some instances are loud, dirty or need to be hot to grip well, which unless you're a f**king moron driving around at limiter everywhere isn't great.

I tried the Ferrodo FRP3062 that I bought with the spoon calipers for about 3 days they had no grip at low temps at all. Might as well not bothered putting them in, they were a proper full-race pad which needed warming up and to be very very honest scared me.. Unlike others which need bedding in they're supposedly fast bedding (1-2hours?!) and needed no warm up much like EBCs yellow stuff but they definitely needed warming to get them grippy else they're basically like glass, Ferrodos answer was that I needed their discs (DDF829) but they were nothing more than standard ones they offered which in my opinion is a bulls**t answer.

I called my friends shop, got a set of DS2500's (FCP905H) which were much more responsive and crisp on the road though they kicked up a bit of dust, but on the track were cinders in no-time and gave massive brake fade

3 hours ago, Finch said:

I called my friends shop, got a set of DS2500's (FCP905H) which were much more responsive and crisp on the road though they kicked up a bit of dust, but on the track were cinders in no-time and gave massive brake fade

Really? I had the same ones last year and got absolutely zero fade doing sessions of 5 to 8 hard laps in a row all day long! But after two track days like that the front pads were next to finished.

On 9/3/2016 at 11:32 PM, noodels said:

Maybe better cooling needed with a brake ducting kit,can rig up to the front air vents from the front lip ;)

This was on my EK9 Turbo, Would probably be better on an MB :) 

On 9/3/2016 at 10:31 PM, Dexter said:

Really? I had the same ones last year and got absolutely zero fade doing sessions of 5 to 8 hard laps in a row all day long! But after two track days like that the front pads were next to finished.

Yeah, that was my only disagreement with them, I'd definitely have them for the Road again though.