My MB6 build

JK1245

Oops! At least the wrong wheel is going to get dealt with but that's a bit of a schoolboy error on their part.

Big brakes are sensible with future boost plans! Look forward to seeing more progress here! :)

• Like 1

Spoke to Rim-Style yesterday night and they've arranged to have the right size wheel sent to me tomorrow, so can't really fault their customer service. Seems like they don't hold any stock themselves but put the order straight to Rota and put the delivery address as mine.

Couple of pictures of the wheels on:

DSC_0004_1.jpg

DSC_0005_1.jpg

DSC_0006_1.jpg

Love the fitment now, sits perfectly on the edge of the arches. In serious need of lows though, and they will come in the form of the Meister Zeta's. The car has changed massively in the last week as well, it's gone from pulling and handling well, to an absolute animal. Don't know what's happened to it but I'm not complaining. Had a little race when I first picked it up with my uncles FN2 and mates ATR and lost by a good car and a half, whereas now it's dead on neck and neck upto about 80-90 where our private race-track ends :) 

Took the bonnet engine bay cover off as well which has dramatically improved Vtec noise but also every other noise. Keep turning the radio off thinking I've heard a knock or clang or something, used to be a regular past time in my old knackered Accord  :-D

Still having problems with a stiff accelerator. It's fine until I push it more than 50% down at which point, when I let off and go to push it again, it's stiff until pushed a little and then its fine again until I nail it. I've sprayed WD40 on the pedal mechanism and the throttle cable but it's not done much, although it does move a little freer when driving normally. 

• Like 2

Looks agressive with the wheels! Nice!

You might need to get an alignment done but if you're putting Meisters on soon hold off until they're fitted and you've finished setting them up.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments boys!

Tom, its actually saddening to see how under-rated these MBs are. 10x more car than the EK Vti and yet they cost a whole lot less. Similar thing with the ATR to be honest. Guess people can't handle the back end   :-D  

Cheers Jay, the subtle look was exactly what I'm after. I love the standard fat 5s but wanted something a bit bigger, and these fit the bill. Ahhh, how hard is it to swap the throttle cable over mate?

Cheers Ammar, I keep meaning to get some proper pictures of it :D

Thanks Krzy, I've ordered some Cyberspeed front camber arms and LCAs so I'm planning on getting it all fitted and then taking it to one of those places who do a fast-road alignment set-up. Heard some good things about having it done on the R's.

Anyway, landed myself in a pretty big problem. Wheel arrived today, great! Went to remove my old one, and boom, locking wheel nut head snaps straight off. B****rd nut will not move at all. The removal tool still fits on and grips but I need to find a way of keeping it centred on the bolt.