My MB6 build

JK1245

Not updated for a while, sorry guys!

Anyway, the car wash (I think) blasted off the bumper washer jet covers and I thought it ruined the front end  :-P Luckily I had won an MB6 bumper last summer when I was on the hunt for an MB2 for the grand total of 99p! I had completley forgot about it until a few days ago when I pulled it out the garage and had a heart-attack when I found out the fogs were in MINT condition. Literally there isn't a single blemish on them, and it has the washer jet covers :D Result! So got that fitted and makes the front look nice and new.

Also bought a Simota CF Intake which is a copy of the Top Fuel intake and a rubber coin mat thing which is AMAZING. Best purchase so far haha!

Meister Zeta's, Cyber LCA's and adjustable camber arms will be here next week and should be fitted next saturday/sunday, followed by geo setup. It's hard to drive the car at high(ish) speed currently because a little bump will knock the steering out of whack and it will squirrel under breaking. Can't fault the Pilot Sport 3s though, absolutely amazing grip from them.

I'll get the car washed and put some proper pictures up very soon like I keep promising to :D!

Cheers, Jano

• Like 1

Not updated for a while, sorry guys!

Anyway, the car wash (I think) blasted off the bumper washer jet covers and I thought it ruined the front end  :-P Luckily I had won an MB6 bumper last summer when I was on the hunt for an MB2 for the grand total of 99p! I had completley forgot about it until a few days ago when I pulled it out the garage and had a heart-attack when I found out the fogs were in MINT condition. Literally there isn't a single blemish on them, and it has the washer jet covers :D Result! So got that fitted and makes the front look nice and new.

Also bought a Simota CF Intake which is a copy of the Top Fuel intake and a rubber coin mat thing which is AMAZING. Best purchase so far haha!

Meister Zeta's, Cyber LCA's and adjustable camber arms will be here next week and should be fitted next saturday/sunday, followed by geo setup. It's hard to drive the car at high(ish) speed currently because a little bump will knock the steering out of whack and it will squirrel under breaking. Can't fault the Pilot Sport 3s though, absolutely amazing grip from them.

I'll get the car washed and put some proper pictures up very soon like I keep promising to :D!

Cheers, Jano

Oh nice, should be pukka once fitted and the geo is done! 

Post some better pictures with them Rota wheels. I've started to like them and might get rid of my BBS for them lol

Yay! Sorry dude, the BBS weren't my cup of tea on an MB.

Cheers lads, yeah the car should hopefully handle well once its all sorted. 

H4mza I'll get some good quality ones up over the weekend, loved yours on the Accord/Jordan wheels, reckon the Slipstreams would suit it down to a T though!

Took the car for a proper hammer down Snakes Pass today just to get a kind of benchmark of where its at, and it certainly highlighted some problems that need addressing.

The back end! It wont stay still, comes flying around under braking and cornering  :twisted:

Car dives like mad under braking and the back starts to fly as well, not sure whether this is ABS or not but under heavy braking the pedal starts to bounce underneath my foot?

Dat bus wheel. 

Also seen the pressed plates and holders on Roj and a few others cars and love them. Really makes the car look oodles cleaner so I've copped a pair that should be here tomorrow. Need to sort out my front lights though, spray em black, remove the orange bulb thing and shine them up. Anyone fancy doing them for me?  :-D

Sounds like most of what you can expect from the standard, boat-like suspension. I'm sure it'll be a lot better once the new stuff is fitted! 

I would say that's the ABS doing it's thing! Again, the new suspension will go some way into aiding the behaviour under braking.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Krzy :) 

This might sound stupid but... How much does a battery affect performance :D? I'm just asking because my battery died after I left my lights on a few weeks ago, and since then I can't help but feel the car doesn't pull as well as what it used to :/ Just now I was picking my brother up and the car started doing that hesitating thing it did a while ago, but it was much more severe today. Intermittent thing, and goes after a while, but still mega annoying!

Yeah they were 15" Jordans, look similar as Accord wheels. I like my current BBS wheels but too many problems with it so saving up for camber kit, arch roller and 50 profile tyres. I thought in the mean time I'll get 16" wheels but also planned to get EK soon and want 16" Rota Slips for it lol. So thought I'd use them wheels on my MB until EK is compete before I start driving it. I just fancied seeing pics of yours to see what they look like on an MB lol  :-)

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Krzy :)

This might sound stupid but... How much does a battery affect performance :D? I'm just asking because my battery died after I left my lights on a few weeks ago, and since then I can't help but feel the car doesn't pull as well as what it used to :/ Just now I was picking my brother up and the car started doing that hesitating thing it did a while ago, but it was much more severe today. Intermittent thing, and goes after a while, but still mega annoying!

Battery wouldn't cause those symptoms. That's possibly related to the dizzy, it's common for them to fail, sometimes a new rotor and cap will be all it needs. I ended up changing the whole unit as water had gotten inside and corroded the electrical components :(

On the bright side it's a ten minute job to change the whole distributor! 

• Like 1