Jimbobs VTiS

• 7 months later...

Hello Everybody in the words of doctor nick...............................

Been away a while had my account deleted by a mysterious force called "the Software", signed back in only to discover im once again a newbie and all my old posts say "guest" next to them fantastic I think to myself.

anyway cars been off the road for some 6 months now and im about to start ripping the engine out for a full refurb, finally got my refurb head done skimmed and decoked and fitted ITR dual springs and new Honda stem seals that's sat on a shelf, I should be getting my ADL blueprint gasket kit next week sometime as Honda have discontinued it and tegiwa were useless they just chuck a load of old stock in a bag and tell you its a genuine kit.............no thanks I sent it back.

im currently running in a 2003 2.8T Skoda VRS I have fitted a Miltek full system and sports cat was gonna get it mapped to 230bhp but missing my Honda Civic VTIS far too much so the £300 I was gonna spend on mapping the octy ive bought some new bits for the civic, think im gonna sell the Octavia.

Stuff I gotta sort:

Remove Cylinder head and check the bores and rings, may have to replace the piston rings as the engine was blowing the sump gasket forcing oil out, but ive been lead to believe this was also due to the head being warped, but the remains to be seen.

• remove engine
  • remove head and gearbox
  • renew all gaskets
  • possible piston ring renewal
  • fit new clutch and flywheel (which I have genuine Honda set to one side)
  • fit new head gasket set ( on its way)
  • Clean up brakes
  • refit engine get running.

Not exactly straight forward some would same im probably mental but I love the car and I spent loads on nice parts so want to get it running while I have time and another car to run.

IMAG0211_zps2w2hxow5.jpg

The Head I refurbished ready to fit with ITR dual springs both intake and exhaust and new genuine Honda stem seals, still toying with getting some DC2 cams.

IMAG0212_zpsuk7jaq1u.jpg

Sump gasket fresh to death.......

And Clutch kit, new clutch master cylinder

IMAG0213_zpsy6b3eaft.jpg

Biscuits and Cheese anyone????????????????????