Well it's been a week and I give up!

Dodd89

I've got an ecu you can have but will need deimmobilising. Cost 45 quid to do.

Shame about this. Really does sound like a dizzy fault but replaced twice. Guess ecu/immobiliser next thing. Weird

It's what really frustrated me at the time, because there's so much that could cause the same symptoms you just end up spending hours and hours troubleshooting. Took me a few weeks to get it running again after I had changed various bits! 

Hope you get her sorted soon! 

Cheers guys, I guy give me a shout last night on Facebook, he has an ecu de-immobilised and asked for 45 quid. Can collect from burton-on-trrnt later or get it posted out, so I'm going to double check it's an ecu issue and replace, fingers crossed lol. There's just no spark... I'm getting fuel. Krzys I can see why you were head scratching a lot lol. Someone offered me 500 and their lupo on the side of the road haha...... Should I have accepted?

Hi Jon,  you said the car is A1 bar the intermittent fault so it's time to have the car fixed by a good mechanic......doing nothing isn't really an option because there's every possibility it'll break down whilst being tested by a punter.

Good luck :)

Cheers gel, when the aa came out he did a lot of checks, must have been there a good 40 mins until he decided nothing can be done there. I'm listed on funds atm. So I was gonna try ecu as it was the cheaper option. Then hopefully next month I was going to take it to an auto election and get it all double checked whether it was cutting out or not. I'm going to call round but can't get car to then atm. And I'm in work this weekend. Aa said it's possible a bad earth on the dizzy wiring. But autodata said possible ecu... Which he didn't like the way it's said "possible" :/ so thought I'd try a de-imobilised one.

Earth could be a nice cheap thing to try changing. I'd certainly give it a go anyway as it won't hurt. Might be worth checking the main earth too?

I'm no mechanic but my mb3 would randomly cut out and sometimes take a while to start. Mine didn't stay at 3k rpm though. Once mine cut out and I put ignition on fuel pump didn't prime. My issue was fuel pump relay.

I don't know your full symptoms and as stated am no mechanic but throwing this is on the off chance it may help you out.

• Like 1

Well I have life, I stripped dizzy down, took off the icm and found a bit of oil in the dizzy, cleaned out, and it fired up but now it's throwing a code 9 at me which is cid. May need replacing as it was cracked but never shown this problem before, but like I said, it's running :) just don't trust it yet haha. Thanks for all help guys, really appreciate it. But keep the help coming haha