Would it be worth trying what kink suggested to see if it is the ecu or the socket / chip / map? Especially if you are thinking of ditching that one?

Yeah probably worth a go yeah I looked and saw J1 there think it's just above the chip, but would the p

28 run without it as it's not for the mb6 I think

Anyway a just took of the wire on J1 and put ecu back on and car starts and runs fine with no ecu light does this mean the chip has failed? According to the guy at triple h he's never had a chip fail on him

Either the chip or the socket. If some of the soldering has gone on the socket it would be the same as the chip going... If you know what I mean? Coz then the ecu wouldn't be able to read the chip.

Not sure how you can test to see if it is the connections to the socket though.. Maybe auto electrician or even an electronics / tv repair place if you tell them what it is you are wanting them to check.

Either the chip or the socket. If some of the soldering has gone on the socket it would be the same as the chip going... If you know what I mean? Coz then the ecu wouldn't be able to read the chip.

Not sure how you can test to see if it is the connections to the socket though.. Maybe auto electrician or even an electronics / tv repair place if you tell them what it is you are wanting them to check.

cool man few of my mates are sparkies so I'll get one of them to have a look