Liking the updates mate! I'm always looking at the engine bay to see what I can move/hide. Really want to do a wiretuck on the headlight looms, get the battery in the boot and fusebox in the glove box. Just not overly confident with electrics lol

43 minutes ago, marv said:

Liking the updates mate! I'm always looking at the engine bay to see what I can move/hide. Really want to do a wiretuck on the headlight looms, get the battery in the boot and fusebox in the glove box. Just not overly confident with electrics lol

cheers man.Yea I love that clean look. I kinda cheated a bit running the wires underneath instead of through the wing though. And a lot of the wiring and plugs are stashed in the space under the battery tray at the moment so if i move the battery il have to do something with them and moving the fuse box would take an eternity cutting and redoing all them wires would be worth it though. Ive only had to extend two wires so far. one to the indicator and one was to the positive on the battery. Im gonna extend the abs unit wire and put that back in somewhere just to get the dash light off. although the brakes do feel better without it so I might just take the bulb out the dash instead :) . Just doing what ive done so far was major time consuming Id like to do them all properly eventually. strip the loom back and just do one wire at a time. Its not a difficult job so long as you can use a soldering iron it just takes forever. Lots of patience is the order of the day but well worth it once its done. I really wanna make a start on the back of the engine bay but I think im gonna wait till ive got the manual box in and running at the end of the month then go from there. Just start with one or two bits till ya feel more confident and go from there.this is the first time ive done anything like this in the engine bay. I didnt think I was gonna do as much as i did till i got started then I just kept moving more and more :D 

• Like 1

Ok so I was origianally going to buy the parts from a local honda breaker to do my manual conversion but started to look around on fleabay and the likes to see if I could get a whole donor car for the job. I found plenty of 1.4s and 1.5s which would be ok for the parts but would still need to deal with the ecu. then found a 1.6 going with same engine, same year etc baisically just the manual version of what I have allready but in black, which I prefer, perfect. So I put a bid In and won it at 175 gold coins. 

I havnt seen the car in person yet so Im not entirely sure what ive bought but the chap seems genuine enough and says the car only needs the front pads changing, which hes supplying with the car, and should pass an MOT no problem. Im sure weve all heard something along these lines before but for what im paying for the car It doesnt really matter either way. 

Anyway that got me to thinking I may aswell give it a go and book it in for an MOT then I can drive it back from collecting it and take it straight to a test centre local to myself and if it passes or needs very little work to pass and Im happy with the way it drives Il keep that one an use my auto for spare parts.

It makes sense to do It that way and it saves using my week off work I have coming up to swap the gearboxes over and all the rest of the work that comes along with it.

Ive made the arrangements to collect the car for the end of next week so if all goes well (famous last words haha) I could be driving a black MB4 with a gearbox I have control of and il just swap a few of my parts off the auto onto it, exhaust, steering wheel etc.

heres a few pics that I have of the car so far.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powerofdreams said:

Nice one mate. 

cheers man,I only ever got the silver surfer as something to keep me on the road after the old bmw began to die but I really like them and with a full car of spares I should be able to keep it for long while. Cant wait to go pick her up now, Its gonna feel like the longest week of my life haha

5 minutes ago, powerofdreams said:

Looks a very clean model. And also like the colour. 

Yea, every car I get I always think It would look better in black :) I have a thing for black cars, dont know what it is just everything seems to look better on a black car