23 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Looks good mate, and will be much less hassle than swapping an auto to manual :)

Yeah definitely ,Fingers crossed the MOT isn't too harsh, but saying that I've got the following week off anyway now to deal with any issues it might throw at me. Just counting down the days now :) 

• 2 weeks later...

well after a long and treacherous journey (one bus and three trains) I finally picked up the new MB4 today..Had a 100 mile drive back to the MOT station.

It only failed on a couple of things.

• abs light
  • park break efficiency too low
  • rear park break little to no effort offside
  • a wheel nut missing
  • horn not working

couple of advisories too

• battery insecure
  • rear suspension arm bushes deteriorating but not resulting in excessive movement
  • steering rack gator deteriorated
  • fuel tank possibly leaking from top when full ?? 

All in all not too bad. So tonight ive took the rear caliper and abs sensor off the rear offside of the silver surfer and il put them on tomorrow morning. tighten the handbrake up so it works good enough and investigate the horn situation and all shall be good. oh yeah and put a wheel nut on :) 

Get a fresh MOT then I can start sorting the other bits.

Since this is supposed to be the silver surfers thread Il finnish It off by saying I spent all day monday stripping the engine bay along with some other bits and pieces. 

Safe to say she'll not see the road again but atleast her parts are going to help keep the new car alive. Some time in the next week or two il strip everything I can off her  before sending her to car heaven. Il get a few final pics as shes being dismantled but from tommorow Il start a new thread for the new car.