Aerokek

Civic Aerodeck MB9 (Hinata)

22 hours ago, Aerokek said:

I don't know a specific brand, but they're about 270 euro's from some german ebay kinda site. I could look up the link to the product. They feel amazing compared to the s**tty coilovers I had before. They also have an adjustable pre-load which is awesome since I like my springs a little stiffer than usual.

Yes please if you can ! I like to know what can be that cheap hahaha cause i am looking also for some coilovers

On 7/22/2018 at 4:37 PM, smilingchino said:

Yes please if you can ! I like to know what can be that cheap hahaha cause i am looking also for some coilovers

Found em, they're produced by a company called Maxpeedingrods.com , they used to be for sale on amazon but not anymore I believe. It's just their EG set. They come with spacers and everything so you should be good :)

Hey guys, it's been some time and I'm proud to say that a lot has been done. Some things didnt really work out. But most of it did. Some of ehich were surprisingly easy. Here are some pictures of what Hinata looks like right now

Here's a list of most things that have been done since the last time I posted :

Roofrack

VTi skirts and front lip

Proper winter tyres

Restored headliner (black)

Fixed the little dash clock

Major cleaning, polishing and waxing

New floor mats

Strutbar

Started making preparations for a mini-me swap

New dent free bonnet

Respray of various parts

Did get a start engine push button and killswitch but sadly it was causing issues so I had to remove it, might redo it sometime.

Custom Low-pass subwoofer-ish speaker

A-pillar Tweeters! Yaaaay!

Other bits and bobs here and there. I dont remember correctly cause I've been super busy with the deck :)

Im trying to figure out how to remove the exterior trim strips, i would like to restore them using paint. Or keep em on there and treat them with some plastic conditioner and protectant. If anyone has any tips, let me know.

20181207_164020.jpg

20181207_155800.jpg

20181207_164105.jpg

• Like 2

Also going to be scoring some new license plates this weekend and finally get rid of the old dirty and worn ones. Theres still loads more to be done, thinking about wheel spacers and a more agressice stance. Maybe some camber. 

Looking good.

Do you mean the black bump strips? They can't be removed from the panels/bumpers, seem quite tricky to fix/freshen up. 

What fog lights/DRL are those? Are they seperate or one unit?

looking soooo clean mate! Have to say I love the alloys, look so right on it. The bump strips on the bumper are part of it, bumper and strips all moulded from one piece of plastic. You can mask up the bumper for painting the strips though, or you could wrap them in carbon effect vinyl or something similar. The strips on the doors can all be removed.

The fogs/drls look sweet!

On 12/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, AJCivic said:

Looking good.

Do you mean the black bump strips? They can't be removed from the panels/bumpers, seem quite tricky to fix/freshen up. 

What fog lights/DRL are those? Are they seperate or one unit?

Thanks dude, those are custom made, I used to have the big OEM foglights, but decided to sell them. Basically, what i did was get one of those plastic covers for the bumper from a scrapyard, drilled holes in them for the DRL/foglight unit (just got em from wish, they're not the best quality though. The inner foglights gave up. Still looking for better ones) ran some new wires to a button in the dash and wired the inner light up to the existing fog light harness.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:34 PM, Dave said:

looking soooo clean mate! Have to say I love the alloys, look so right on it. The bump strips on the bumper are part of it, bumper and strips all moulded from one piece of plastic. You can mask up the bumper for painting the strips though, or you could wrap them in carbon effect vinyl or something similar. The strips on the doors can all be removed.

The fogs/drls look sweet!

Thank you! Can the ones one the doors just be pried off with a plastic tool or do they have screws on the inside??

If I remember rightly they prise off from the outside with the trim tool (hopefully someone will be along to clarify this!). The clips are pretty fragile though so do remove carefully.

• Thanks 1

Car's looking sweet buddy. Nice little set of mods. 

As @Dave says, I'm sure that the strips on the doors just prise off (carefully), but it's a long time since I did it. Might be worth applying a bit of heat to stop the plastic being too brittle? (thinking more hair dryer rather than heat gun) not sure if it'd make any difference as those clips will be pretty old. 

@Chandler might know? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Car's looking sweet buddy. Nice little set of mods. 

As @Dave says, I'm sure that the strips on the doors just prise off (carefully), but it's a long time since I did it. Might be worth applying a bit of heat to stop the plastic being too brittle? (thinking more hair dryer rather than heat gun) not sure if it'd make any difference as those clips will be pretty old. 

@Chandler might know? 

bumpers you can't remove, but door and front wings you can remove, from my memory the front doors have a 10mm nut just inside the door then you will need to pry them off as they are clipped and stuck on, the rear doors are just clipped and stuck on so should just pry off carefully

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks amazing, ties in nice with the headlights mate!

Wow !  your lights look brilliant :)

more updates, agressive-ish splitter, still needs some work though but it looks really cool. found a midwing! still looking for a rear lip to complete the aero. hopefully a rear brake swap coming soon, as well as a Mini-me. it's so cool how much this car has changed in the past years, looking back on my first post here. it's almost getting me sentimental ;) have a good day ya'll.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5e5292149d9a0846imageproxy.php?img=&key=5e5292149d9a0846imageproxy.php?img=&key=5e5292149d9a0846imageproxy.php?img=&key=5e5292149d9a0846

EDIT1.png

• Like 2

Nice one on the wing, and good luck trying to find a rear lip 8-)

• Like 1

Omg that looks wicked..:cool:

• Like 1

Another quick update, finally found a rear lip! Also removed my rear seats. About halfway through a rear discbrake conversion. Waiting for parts :)

I'm so close to being done with this project and it's crazy to see the progress I've made. I learned so much and it makes me want to buy another car and do it all again. 

things that are still on my list:

mini-me conversion (I have all the parts, nust not the knowledge to do it by myself.)

a respray or wrap?

Different seats?

Harness bar and harnesses?

Spacers and camber arms?

New clutch and other maintenance related stuff

Wide fenders?

Also have to redo my audio in the back since the seats are removed, have to think of something first though. Maybe a sub in the rear cover panels? 

Hope the one that reads this is enjoying my build as much as I am. But it's not perfect, hope I can get her there.

IMG_20190902_130558_301.jpg

IMG_20190902_130558_302.jpg

IMG_20190902_101640_025.jpg

• Like 2

Been busy, finished my rear disc swap and finally glasscoated the beauty! 

IMG-20190913-WA0040.jpeg

20190914_132555.jpg

20190913_224006.jpg

IMG-20190921-WA0010.jpeg

20190913_180751.jpg

IMG-20190912-WA0043.jpg

20191005_181504.jpg

• Like 1