Hi all, it was about time i stopped posting in the wrong thread and started my own.

For the start a quick story about how i got my aerodeck.

About 4 years ago, when i was looking for my first car, i found out that Honda decided to put B18 into family sedan/wagon, but at that time, there were none for sale in Slovakia ad i could not afford importing one, so I settled for the most reasonable option: Skoda Felicia for 370€ which i have to this day. My father had an FK2 Civic at that time, which i fell in love with from occasional driving.

Fast forward 3 years, i dropped out of university (again) and decided to end my student life and find a job. Within a few weeks i got employed as a CNC machinist with above average pay. At this point of time, my father was considering retirement and a purchase of a new car. We decided, that when he buys new one, the FK2 will stay in family instead of getting sold. It was the end of october when he brought home 2017 Mazda 3 (2.0, petrol, auto) and i started to pay for the FK (200€/mo, 4500€ total). It was only 16th of december when i was coming home from night shift when i fell asleep behind the wheel, resulting in a crash into oncoming car. Luckily nobody was hurt, as it was pretty low speed crash and we hit only with front left headlight/quarter panel/wheel, but the FK was totaled. It could be repaired, but for insurance company it was not worth it, so they payed us 4000€ for the car and we still had the option to sell the wreck. one monday evening i was looking at used car prices, to find out how much we could get for it, when i stumbled upon silver Aerodeck VTi for 2800€. Price was a bit higher than i expected, but hey, it was only third aerodeck vti for sale in Slovakia for the past four years. I could not let that opportunity pass. Tuesday morning i called the seller and on friday evening i was driving home in my new deck with ear to ear smile on my face. Shortly after we sold the FK wreck for 900€.

You lose some, you get some. I love my deck, but i still miss that UFO.

As things stand today, i have to do a stage 0 maintenance and on top of that i already had brake hard lines replaced as the old ones cracked and leaked, which cost me 100€. Yesterday i snapped left drive shaft, i ordered both from J&R, 116€ delivered, they should arrive on wdnesday. Last week i changed oil, oil and air filters. Tried to change fuel filter, but i could not loosen it, so i let it be for time being. Thing that await me in near future are clutch, timing belt, rear muffler, summer tires and some minor stuff.

About future upgrades i want to start with basic stuff, LED H4 bulbs, short throw shifter, shifter poly bushes, rear sway bar, higher performance brake pads and rotors, braided brake lines, maybe also clutch line, high performance smer tires and if i will have spare cash also some nicer alloys and leave OE alloys for winter. 

When all of this will be done i would consider coilovers, but if i get a good offer before that, i might as well change the order. 

Another thing i am considering is getting integra stainless cat back, which could i get for around 250 and tweak it to fit, but i am afraid it would require too much work and in the end would not be worth it. Considering replacement OE spec rear section costs around 130...

If i forgot something i wanted to say, i will add it later. Thanks for reading and bearing with me.

WP_20171102_04_03_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20171212_09_25_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20180119_17_06_37_Rich (2).jpg

• Like 3

That was my thought as well, but that was before i saw LEDs with just two chips per side, so they are roughly in the same position as halogen bulb wires. Of course i would not even try those LEDs that look like a corn  cob :D those are just a mess. Also 12€ for pair does not hurt my wallet as much as other things on my list, even if they are garbage and i have to switch back to halogen.

Wow, crash looks severe mate, although these fk/fn civics are designed to basically self destruct in a crash which softens the impact for the occupants. I ran into the rear of another car in my fn2 and thought it was totalled, really low speed crash too. But the chassis was perfect so got repaired. Only injury was I had a sore knee for a day so far did its job of protecting.

The deck looks clean, nice base to start modding! Can't beat the old B18, really sweet engines!

That’s a fair wreck you got there mate... good to hear everyone was ok!

Deck looks sweet... instead of buying alloys have you thought of maybe going down the banded steels route?? They sometimes look nice if done right

F29EF213-8C58-4899-9BCD-EE46BB562AC6.jpeg.7ab28aa223447b3b02a020e857e30f60.jpeg

D3E03088-6CF3-45E4-8210-4909C5496ABD.thumb.jpeg.724ba009cf7539ed5d3e86390fadb22c.jpeg

maybe not in bright blue though :lol:

Edited by snakey135

As i said it was not worth it repairing, as the quote on repair was 10k just for airbags and other safety items. Also the floor under my feet was pushed inwards by the wheel. It probably could be repaired with the money i got from insurance, but if i was to spend that money on fk, i could just pay 300-400 more and get another fk with less k's on the clock. There was one injury though, i scratched my arm on door lock as i was getting out of the carrlol.gif1

The deck is not that sweet at the moment, since the rear bumper is cracked... Girlfriends and parking does not go well together. But should be fairly easy to repair.

About those rims, i was considering banded wheels, but in my personal opinion they don't fit the deck, same goes for stretched tires. I was looking for something like OZ superturismo. Another thing is, due to Slovak legislation i can not fit any other size of rim/tire than is OE spec, unless it comes with TUV/KB certificate and if i were to get 16" or even 17" rims, only OZ have those certificates for MC2... So time will tell, i might as well change my mind in the future.

20 hours ago, snakey135 said:

That’s a fair wreck you got there mate... good to hear everyone was ok!

Deck looks sweet... instead of buying alloys have you thought of maybe going down the banded steels route?? They sometimes look nice if done right

F29EF213-8C58-4899-9BCD-EE46BB562AC6.jpeg.7ab28aa223447b3b02a020e857e30f60.jpeg

maybe not in bright blue though :lol:

I recognise those aerodecks ;)