I even ordered dremmel like grinder/cutter made by proxxon, but it arrived two days late. As for the other one, I might do that ona too, since I have the axle at home, but I was not able to source Honda MTF at the time, so I left it for another time. But what helped immensely was a cutting disc worn down to about 80-85mm, when I tried that it was about 10 mins of actual cutting.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor accident on Friday, hope to have it sorted by next week. I may be pretty unfortunate, since this is second accident within last six months...

As it is right now, tomorrow I am going to have bumper, lip and headlight mounts welded, on Sunday I am about to pick up a bonnet, which is unfortunately blue and probably straighten front frame (not sure how is the piece which holds the bonnet lock, light mounts and radiators called) myself and I am going to order AC radiator and front bumper brace right now.

Also I am about to pick up OZ Superturismo 16" wheels on Thursday.

WP_20180513_18_02_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20180513_18_01_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20180513_18_02_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20180513_18_01_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20180513_18_01_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20180511_14_21_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20180511_14_22_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20180511_15_57_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20180511_15_57_53_Pro.jpg

• Sad 1

Front bumper and headlight mounts are being welded in these days, but i still have to find a silver hood, or get some other colour and then wrap/paint it. If i dont find any silver one before the weekend, i will pick up green or black one that i can have for 40eur alongside front bumper brace for another 10eur. What is left to do is to have that front piece which holds the hood lock pulled out a bit and repair/replace A/C radiator and hardline tube that runs in front of radiators as it is crushed.

Also i almost forgot about the right fog light, but i will be looking for it when i will have rest of the parts needed, since it is not actually needed to have the car on the road again.

All in all the repair will not be that expensive, but it is still a bummer...

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi folks,

I am sorry for not posting here for almost a year... there were some minor updates to where the car is right now, but more to come. I got the car back on the road pretty soon by then, unfortunately, I still have black bonnet... Hope to get it all painted during summer.

TL;DR: maintenance, repairs and some more repairs...

For now I will start with what has been done maintenance wise.

Shortly after accident OEM clutch, bearing pressure plate and fresh MTF.

J&R right axle, 555 lower ball joints.

This was done in a shop, since I was not sure I would be able to replace clutch by myself and I had to have the car running, before I went on a vacation to Montenegro with my girlfriend. 3500km total in two weeks...

After we came back front left shock absorber failed... (this car started to turn into a money pit, bummer).

While I was at it I changed all 4 for KYB Excel G.

About two weeks later one morning the car refused to start, would crank, but nothing more... it got fuel, it got air, it cranked, oh right... no spark... I checked the spark plugs and the gap seemed a bit too wide, ot maybe the coil was failing. I ended up bending the spark plugs, to narrow the gap as much as possible without breaking them, but them back in and the car started like new. Nice. Shady repair, but it had to do since I was 300km away from home and it was Sunday morning, so nowhere to get parts. After I got back new NGK coil, spark plugs, dizzy cap and rotor went right in.

By the end of summer air con stopped working again, we checked for leaks with UV, everything seemed to be OK,  except compressor. I looked online for new compressors, 200-350eur..  how much is rebuild kit for denso compressor? 25eur delivered... in about 2 hours of time compressor was all cleaned up, resealed and ready to go back into the car, where in the meantime I put secondhand unit I got from my buddy, but turned out the clutch was not working on the replacement one.

I was driving with the bad compressor for almost 3 months before I had the time to put the original but resealed one back in.

Right before Christmas A/C belt tensioner bolt snapped on highway destroying alternator belt. New belt in, still did not get a replacement bolt. At least I got the rest of the bolt out of the bracket.

By the end of January I had some time in the workshop, so I managed to change timing belt, tensioner, water pump, auxiliary belts, termostat, coolant flush, fresh oil, filters, adjusted valve clearance and some other minor details.

A while back I got some scraping noise from rear right wheel, after taking the wheel and brake caliper off, I found inner brake pad worn to the base plate, got new pads during few hours, but discs were nowhere to be found that day, so I replaced just the pads and made a note to replace the discs ASAP as well.

Unfortunately before I managed to replace them, the car had to go for state inspection (our equivalent of MOT).

It failed due to weak rear brakes and almost non-existing parking brake...

And here we are today, car off the streets, until I decide which brake discs and pads to get...

In the mean time I am puting together second set of headlights with bi-xenon projectors retrofit, to simply drop them in and have original set as backup if I get into trouble with the police.

More pics to come, I need to put them together from two phones and from a long time ago...

20190413_234223.jpg

20190414_012911.jpg

20190414_012932.jpg

20190414_171945.jpg

• Like 2

While i was writing that wall of text, i forgot to ask for your opinion on Predator Fast Road brake pads from Black Diamond and ATM Mikoda brake discs.

Somewhere i found, that Mikoda, even though the are company from poland, produces brake discs for brembo europe, and friend of mine recomended them as he has their slotted discs on B18C4 swapped EK4.

Also, i am again taking a closer look at honda legend frond brake calipers, as the should be direct fit, but are dual piston...

As plans for near future go, i am considering a hardrace rear sway bar, since i cant get MG ZR/ZS one cheap in my area, and with shipping they cost about the same.

Hi Mark, great reading about your dedication to your Aerodeck, waiting years to buy one and then getting it repaired after 2 accidents, not many would treat it the same. :D

Interesting that your MC2 doesn’t come standard with a rear sway/anti roll bar, I was under the impression they all did? Although I do see an extra bar in between where the LCA’s attach to the subframe, is that standard on all Aerodeck models..?